“Its like staying at a high end resort.”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here several times. In a very highend of town, in the woods. Lobby is beautiful, VERY comfortable, great open lounge connected with very very comfortable seating and about 6 computers with free internet access. There is also a full service starbucks right off the lobby. Rooms are larger than a normal hotel, probably and extra 5 foot wide atleast. Beds were VERY comfortable, I actually slept all night and woke up rested. Restaurant is good, with a great sunday buffet and omelet bar. Hotel is in a very quiet area, but is probably the best location to stay. Very large mall within 2 minutes and 2 miles down the road is any restaurant you can dream of and multiple theaters. This hotel is physically connected to the chesterfield fitness club (it is huge). The indoor pool is probably 4 times the size of a normal hotel and is very clean. The outdoor hotel is HUGE, probably 10 times the size of a normal hotel pool with a full service bar and pool size waiter service. This pool also has saunas and a kids pool. Hotel includes a full court basketball court, 10+ indoor tennis courts and 10+ outdoor tennis courts. The fitness center is huge, its kinda like an LA fitness or something. Service is great and the staff is 5 star friendly. This is or favorite hotel for having a pure relaxing brain dead vacation. I actually like it better than most of the resorts we have ever been to. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thought that our hotel was like a resort. We hope to see you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield

A TripAdvisor Member
Chillicothe, Missouri
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very nice furnishings, thankful for the Starbucks in the lobby, excellent fitness center, and breakfast was yummy. Doesn't accept checks, costs $9.99 per day to have internet in your room UNLESS you are a Hilton Honors member or have AT&T as your internet provider.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the Coffee in the Market. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

First of all, my fiance and I have always enjoyed staying at this hotel and never had a bad experience. It's a great stop to make on the way to or back from Lake of The Ozarks, and we've stayed several times over the past few years.

So much has been updated and the new lobby is gorgeous, the pool is amazing, and the front desk staff has always been very courteous. I'm not crazy about the dark red color in the bedrooms, it makes them seem smaller and and darker.

I'm an HHonors Gold member and we always stay at Hilton properties when possible, so this stay was surprisingly lacking from our past experiences.

Check-in was fast and great, but when we got into our room the housecleaning staff was right outside in the hall. The bed was made, but the carpets were dirty, window sills covered in dust, and there was still something leftover in the fridge - not up to the Hilton standard. We had a lot of luggage, so going in and out, I overheard the staff say "Oh they already put someone in room ___." Then two other times the housekeeping asked if the room was okay. So I started thinking that maybe they put us in a room that wasn't ready for occupation.

We spoke with the front desk about the cleanliness issues and so they upgraded our room to a suite. The hotel was nearly empty on a Monday night and normally when we're staying in a near empty hotel we'll be upgraded at check-in because of our Gold status. The suite was extremely clean and dust-free, we were very happy with the upgrade.

We wanted to stay-in and treat ourselves to room-service, because it has always been great in the past. Upon calling, the man who answered was very hard to understand and quick to get off of the phone - to the point of being rude. We were told that many things they did not have and he seemed to be irritated that we were placing an order - we weren't even sure if it was going to be right. The speed of service was certainly fast, but when he came to the door, he acted as if he was still bothered at us ordering. We wanted to go through the meals to make sure everything was correct and he stood there as if he was offended and harshly pointed out everything. The best part being that we ordered a quesadilla which was around $10 - Out of sour cream, no guacamole, so he pointed out the sliced avocado and said something to the effect of us making our own guacamole? Okay, we'll get right on that :-/ After we looked at everything he said, "Okay?" and turned around and left.

This man never showed any common decency, never exchanged a hello, how is your stay?, thank you, have a nice night, or goodbye. Nothing but rude and inconsiderate from the phone order to delivering - never have I experienced such a rude staff member at any hotel that I've ever stayed at. Both my fiance and I were upset over being treated so poorly, especially when spending decent money on a meal/experience.

The next day when we checked out, we notified the front desk lady of our experience and she apologized, but was busy so we packed up and left.

I expressed my unhappiness in the survey that Hilton sent me and said that I was let down by our experience and would be posting an updated review. I was surprised that within an hour there was an email from the manager at Doubletree and she apologized for everything and refunded our meal. THAT is the kind of service that I am used to and expect from Hilton properties. She was on it and I hope that the dining staff member will never treat any person as badly as he treated us.

This Doubletree is a great property, and most of the staff is great (there will always be mistakes made and hiccups). I must applaud the staff that resolved the problems and would travel to this property again, but I might rethink getting room service!

Room Tip: High Room Facing the Pool - It's a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are so important to us. Your comments helps us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I have forward this e-mail to our executive housekeeper and the food and beverage manager. If you have any further comments, questions or concerns please do not hesitate on contacting me via- e-mail or by phone.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here while the hotel was undergoing a renovation awhile back. We checked in and found the renovations very appealing. But, same friendly service as before. The lobby area is really neat with new bar and dining cafe and a Starbucks. Comfortable beds and quiet surroundings made this stay enjoyable. We were given warm chocolate cookies upon check in. We came in from dinner and wanted a cookie but they were out due to an event being held here. Night clerk took our room number and promised to send cookies up when more were baked. I was expecting 2 cookies but I was handed a tin container with 6 delicious warm cookies. We will definitely be back here again. Quality hotel. They treat their guests very well.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the Doubletree chocolate chip walnut cookies. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the saint louis doubletree, I visited this particular DT about 7 years ago and the service is much better than the experience before. I just left a DT in new orleans where I stayed for 7 days and the stay was great..Loving me some Doubletree.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are a loyal Doubletree guest. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel along with many friends & family members of bride & groom for their wedding/reception which was held in the ballroom. Hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate the large numbers of guests in attendance. It was a very enjoyable & pleasant weekend!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ohmom3

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time at the wedding. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel looks a bit dated from the outside, but inside it's beautifully designed. Chic comfortable furniture in the lobby, restaurant, and bar area. Modern, comfortable guest rooms, nice bathroom, very friendly staff. all in all a great experience and value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future.