“Excellent conference facilities, exercise room and staff”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent conference facilities, exercise room and staff”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Finished a short 2 day meeting at this hotel and had a great experience.
Staff were very helpful and friendly, gave me a free drink since I had to wait a few minutes for a ride to the airport. Great snack choices in the conference room with food available all day. Great decor all around the facility and nice rooms. Great value

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. Your comments are so important to the staff. I am so pleased you enjoyed your conference with us. The conference staff always takes great care of there guests. From the set up crew to the staff that serves food, they take pride in what they do. I am glad that one of the staff members gave you a drink coupon while waiting on a cab to take you to the airport. All of us are so proud of our new renovations and we so pleased that we have had so many comments on how great they are. If you have any further comments please do not hesitate on contacting me any time. We hope to see you in the near future for work or just having a vacation in St.Louis.

Kim Zimerman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I have been fans of the Double Tree Brand of Hilton Hotels since visiting in ABQ, NM. Since then we specifically search for their quality of service. We have enjoyed the Restaurant/Bar after a long day of Driving through Oklahoma, to stop for the evening in Missouri. Karen, the Bar Tender at the Hotel greeted up with a smile and witty banter, as well as a great meal from the restaurant's menu. The food was Delicious, the amenities in the lobby left nothing to be desired, and the service was great.

Room Tip: Get as close to the top floor as you can, it gets quieter, more private
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Burly_Irishman
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a wondeful review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are so important to the staff and management team. I am so glad that Karen the bar tender took good care of you. Her warm smile to her great persoanality provides great sincere hospitality. If there is anything i can do please do not hesitate on contacting me.

Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This property did a great renovation of the conference center and hotel! I highly recommend to other meeting planners! I received so many "rave" reviews from my attendees on everything - from the food to the sleeping rooms. What a fantastic turnaround!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica B
Thank you so much for writing a great review on Trip Advisor. Your comments are so importnant to us. I am so pleased youenjoye your stay with us and your meeting. We do strive to make sure that every guests leaves our hotel with a smile. We have had so many comments on our confernce center. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate on contacting me.

Indianapolis
Reviewed February 5, 2013

As a seasoned traveler for business, pleasure and a manager of a travel sport, this review is in defense of the excellent staff at the Doubletree. Their location is literally spitting distance from one of the largest hockey rinks in town, which makes it an attractive option for team travel. They work very hard to accomodate all types of guests, just the same, and there are clearly other folks who use this hotel on the weekends for events and pleasure. It is a fabulous hotel. The sales department notifies group planners up front of their expectations in terms of the behavior of youth athletes on site, and corrective action is taken if that is ignored. I witnessed this twice with other teams in the hotel being addressed by security. Our team parents were informed ahead of time that our long break between games on Saturday was going to be a challenge, and that the kids were not to be in the hotel unsupervised. We understand better than anyone how crazy it can get if 13 year old boys are left unmanaged, so we managed them. They played basketball with an adult present. They played wallyball with an adult present, they walked throughout the hotel when necessary with an adult present, and we rented a suite so they could play xbox away from the group. This cost our families an extra $9 to keep the kids occupied. Well worth it to upgrade one room to a suite. The staff of the hotel was grateful and appreciative of our efforts to meet their expecations. There were two other teams at the hotel that weekend, who must have received the same instructions, yet their parents may not have been as willing to accomodate the needs of the hotel. It is very difficult to pin down kids who are running in the halls, but security was everywhere. I would be shocked if they were not trying to find kids who were misbehaving. I empathize with hotels for this dilemma. I understood clearly why they were as strict with us as they were. It's a beautiful place. They shuttled our players to and from the rink pleasantly, and on time. They visited us frequently in our suite to make sure we were comfortable, and they thanked us for having such well behaved guests. They could not have been nicer and we would return there in a heartbeat for our annual trip to Hardees Ice Plex - as long as our parents are willing to continue to parent their own children. As the team manager, I refuse to stick my neck out on behalf of the group, unless the group has my back in terms of their children's behavior. It's that simple. This is an excellent choice for all guests in the area. Just keep in mind that it is a large hotel, and during the day, there might be a lot of activity on the weekends, mixing teams and folks looking for a getaway in the same place.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a weekend getaway, when making your reservation, ask to be on a floor away fr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gr8fulfor50
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the awesome review.We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.We love having teams at our property,It is so exciting seeing the players come in with a big smile and enjoy themselves including the parents. I hope to see you in the near future with your team or just having a vacation in St.Louis.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were recently in Chesterfield for a hockey tournament as well and had a wonderful experience. The shuttle service was such a help, and Kim was gracious and helpful.
I've noticed other horrible reviews about how the management was rude and understaffed. If recollection serves right (and it does, I promise), the staff was "rude" because the parents were drinking in the bar while their darling children were throwing chairs into the pool, running up and down screaming in the hallways and knocking on other guests' doors and running away. When security was called and finally the police, they were outraged. They were busted because of their unruly children who had no parental supervision and instead decided to lash back at the management of the hotel. And you wonder why the kids are out of control; right? Grow up and accept that you cannot destroy other people's property and get your kids under control and learn to respect others' privacy. I hope no one listens to their comments. Truly, there is plenty of staff to go around, the management was welcoming and professional and the breakfast was delicious. We had absolutely no problems with this hotel and would totally stay again, but that's probably because our parents and kids behaved, and we weren't asked to leave.

Room Tip: The only downfall is that the rooms don't have refrigerators or microwaves, and as a travellin h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy T
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the awesome review on Trip Advisor. Your comments are so helpful to all of our staff. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with your hockey team. We love having teams in our hotel. Teams bring a little pep to our step to ensure the best hospitality we can give. I hope to see you in the near future with your team or just having a wonderful vacation with your family.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very nice while checking in. There was a teen hockey team on our floor racing each other up and down the halls and knocking on doors we asked to be moved and were assured the manager would call us. We never received a phone call. Thanks for ruining our anniversary weekend Doubletree.

Room Tip: I would book my next stay at another hotel the staff response to problems was non existant.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor. I wanted to sincerely apologize for your recent stay with us. This is not how we want our guests to feel when departing our hotel. I want you to come back to our hotel, and when making reservations ask for me. I will prove to you that we can make it right. I noticed it was your anniversary so I want to make a weekend perfect for you and your spouse.please contact me any time.thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had an amazing stay while in town for hockey. It was my son's birthday and they went above and beyond for his birthday with his teammates. The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was AMAZING!!!!!!!! The fresh fruit was to die for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kara G
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking such a awesome review on trip advisor. I am so glad that we could make your sons birthday a great one. We do strive to make a memory for all of our guests. The food and beverage department works hard to make sure that every guests have a great experience with every meal.we hope to see you in the near future with the hockey team or just a vacation.