“Quiet location, convenient to West County”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had an overnight business trip in the West County area of St. Louis, and as there are a lot of good options, decided to give Priceline a try for the first time. I was very surprised to see my lowball ($80) offer for a 3.5 star come back accepted, and at a Doubletree no less. The hotel is located off of the circular ring road that runs around Chesterfield, behind city hall at a dead end road, but on very nice grounds. Check in was a quick and easy (but they forgot the Doubletree cookies!), and the room was immaculate, and looked to have been recently redone (only the boxy TV looked old). Internet was fast and free (HHonors member), but they wanted $10 to use the attached health club gym, so I opted for a room service breakfast in place of a workout. Overall a very pleasant experience, especially at the price.

Room Tip: If you want to see anything, ask to be on a high floor, nothing to see much below the 5th.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We take all comments very seriously. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.If you have any further questions,comments We are super or concerns please do not hesitate on contacting me.

Kim Zimerman Front Desk Manager

Direct (636) 532 5000 | Mobile (314) 471 7783

Doubletree Conference Center Chesterfied

16625 Swingly Ridge Rd.Chestefeild Mo,63017

DoubleTree.com |

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our family just needed a place to sleep for the night during a long weekend trip to St. Louis. We wanted to be somewhat close to Six Flags (this hotel is ~30 minutes away) but not pay high prices for a hotel, so we used Priceline and ended up here. From reading the recent reviews I knew the hotel was undergoing renovation and it appears that people are getting the extremes - either beautiful new remodeled rooms or very old ones that need the remodeling badly! Well, I'm happy to say that our quick one-night stop here was wonderful! We got an amazing deal on the room but I was concerned that we might not get two beds (Priceline doesn't guarantee 2 beds) which we really needed with a family of four. Well, Chelsea at the front desk quickly put those fears to rest and said no problem, we had two doubles. Chelsea was kind, courteous, and professional, everything you would want in a hotel receptionist.

We must have gotten one of the remodeled rooms because it was in beautiful condition and extremely clean. The bathroom was spotless with new fixtures. Shower was excellent and the shower head was high enough I didn't have to do the squats while washing my hair (I'm 6'4''). I liked the extra little counterspace area behind the sink, gave you some extra room for toiletries & anything else. The beds were very comfortable with a good assortment of pillows. Only minor thing was the A/C - it worked well and cooled the room just fine, but it was somewhat loud. If you're picky and paying full price you might be expecting a flatscreen TV instead of the 19" CRT we had in our room but that was fine with us, it worked well. No free breakfast but that seems pretty typical for an upscale hotel such as this.

We didn't explore the hotel but I kind of wish we would have had time to do so, the lobby was beautiful and the other reviews mention that the indoor pool area is very nice as well. Saw people playing tennis on the property's courts out our window. There is also a large outdoor pool and hot tub area.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Even though the hotel was packed with dance teams and baseball teams, it was a wonderful stop for 2 nights to visit St. Louis. About 12 miles from downtown, but very easy access, the prices were nicely low compared to staying downtown. Our room was spacious and very well maintained, with air conditioning that worked well in the 103 degree heat outside. The lobby bar/restaurant was very well appointed and served excellent appetizers! Would stay here every time we go through St. Louis.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim Z, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that there was no one at the desk upon checkin. Your comments are very important to us and we take every comment very serious. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you have any further comments, questions or concerns please do not hesitate on contacting me.

Front office Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Chesterfield has some great hotels & this time, we stayed at the Doubletree. Was able to use some HHonors points and got a great deal on the room. The room itself was spacious! However, upon getting our things to our room, we found that there was trash left in the wastebaskets...YUCK!! We had the best bellman...thanks Brad!! I was travelling with my kids & he emptied the trash for us & then brought us a couple cookies as we love the cookies at check in! He even went & got us fresh ice for our cooler as we were carrying back walleye from Minnesota! He even went & got a luggage rack for my daughter as there wasn't one in the room either. We didn't use the restaurant...would have been nice to have a breakfast voucher but we did find a donut shop up the road the next morning as we were just travelling thru. The lobby was very nice! There was a baseball tournament going on so lot's of teenage boys at the hotel but they were well behaved or at least I did not hear any noise on our floor. The indoor swimming pool was quite the walk from our room! We just took a look at it...but didn't swim during this stay. It was dark & rainy when we got to the hotel so didn't get to see much of the grounds outside. I didn't like the fact that we had to pay for internet..luckily, I had AT&T at home for my internet and was able to call them & get a coupon code to access the internet as the hotel was a AT&T wifi hotspot. Why do upscale hotels make you pay for internet ..when others that are much cheaper & have less amenities...offer you free internet?? just sayin....The check in was easy & the girls at the desk were very nice! Hotel was close to a mall & we opted to go to Macaroni Grill for dinner that evening instead of eating at the hotel! Lots of restaurants close by!

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice letter on Trip Advisor. I will be printing this letter out and showing it to everyone that works at the front. Comments like this just makes us want to work harder and harder for our guests. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Brad took great care of you. If you have any futher questions,comments or cocerns please do not hesitate on contacting me.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. We love Chesterfield, and this was the perfect location to stay for all the fun things our family had planned to do. The lobby and pool area of the hotel were beautiful. However, our room was so dirty! It was very outdated, with old beat-up furniture, uncomfortable beds, and the carpets were wrinkled and coming up off the floor. The carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in months. There were crumbs and food wrappers everywhere. Trash was around the trash cans that obviously the previous customers had missed when throwing things in, and the housekeeping staff didn't bother to pick any of it up. We found bobby pins and bottles of hairspray at the edge of the beds on the floors. Even the water glasses left on the counter were dirty. It was disgusting!! Plus, ALL of the electric outlets in the room quit working the next morning while we were getting ready. And on top of all that, my husband (who is as healthy as can be) had some kind of allergic reaction in the middle of the night. He sneezed and coughed for hours, until we were well out of St. Louis. We've stayed in Doubletree Hotels before and they've all been great. We will not be staying here again. This was by far the dirtiest, most disappointing hotel we've ever been to. Stay somewhere else!

Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for writing a comment on trip advisor. Your comments are very important to us. I have foward this to the executive housekeeper. I want to apologize for your recent stay with us, We are actually going to be renovationg the rooms up coming months.The transforamtion will be so great. If you have any furthe comments,questions or concens please do not hesitate on contacting me.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Much needed reno in progress. Lobby is complete and is very nice. Rooms expected to be done by early 2013. Avoid the breakfast buffet. Very pricy and rude wait staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy W, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete the Guest Survey on Trip advisor. I apologize that your experience in regards to breakfast was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed expectations.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 636-532-5000.

Jeremy L. Walker
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My fiance and I love coming to this Doubletree while travelling on vacation or for a weekend getaway. The staff is always more than friendly and very helpful and check-in/check-out couldn't be more seamless.

The entire property is now 'smoke-free' and they've started renovations. While the lobby area has been renovated and they've added a nice cafe/Starbucks, the rooms will be renovated this winter (from what the staff told me) ... Regardless the rooms are still very clean with very comfortable bedding. Also, I never have any problem with noise from next door or in the hallways here.

Our favorite room to 'advance purchase' through Hilton is the Jr. King Executive Suite because it's so roomy with beautiful woodwork/lighting and a pantry/bar area. Some interior updating would be nice, but it will be sad if they plan to take out any of the woodwork!

Room service is always exceptional, pools are great, and this whole property is really incredible. If you're planning a vacation out to Lake of the Ozarks or Hermann, try to plan a night here since it is right along the way!

Room Tip: Upper levels have awesome views, but your a/c will be pumping to keep everything cool!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple