1,105 results
All reviewstennis courtsdouble treeathletic clubcookiesfitness centerworkout facilitiesoutdoor poolbeautiful hotelomeleti highly recommend this hotelst louisrooms were very cleanking bedkimconferenceballroomteams
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Doubletree in Chesterfield this past weekend for 2 nights. We booked through Priceline name your price and were able to get a really really good deal ($52 per night). This was totally worth it for this hotel! The staff were friendly and the beds were very comfortable. Everything was well cleaned. Our only complaints were the ice machines on three different floors were not working so that became a pain to figure out where we had to go. We also requested a king sized bed but ended up with two queens. This was ok, but we would've preferred a king bed. Other then that, it was a great hotel and we would most definitely stay there again. Their chocolate chip cookies are soooo good! :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed here on a business trip because it was close to the airport. The rooms were well worn, but clean and the water pressure in the shower was very good. The only place to eat dinner on the property was a small sports bar overlooking a gigantic indoor tennis facility. Finding the bar required wandering through a maze of hallways and unmarked doors. The menu was limited and the food was expensive for the portion size. The breakfast was a tasty buffet, but it was not complimentary. Most of the Hotel looked semi-demolished due to the renovations. Based on the size of the Tennis and swimming center, it seems the hotel is an afterthought.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ik04
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The property is just beginning a remodel, but just a minor inconvenience at this point. The facility has a great work out facility with pool, tennis courts and a couple nice bars for after. The rooms are in the stage of need a refresh, but they are still well maintained and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and property is in a great location with lots of great restaurant choices nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My wife and I made an impromptu trip to STL since my alma mater (Ohio University) was playing in the Sweet 16 at the Edward Jones Dome. She is originally from the Chesterfield area and we wanted to stay west of town in order to minimize drive time to visit friends and family. I quickly used the Priceline "Name Your Own Price" option midweek to get this 3.5 star hotel for a very fair price.

When we arrived we learned the reason for the deal, the main entrance/lobby was under construction. And it was noisy. No worries on my end but that might annoy a more finicky traveler. Check in was a breeze and the staff was delightfl, even offering us two warm chocolate chip cookies from the oven/warmer.

My main thing for hotels is the comfort of the bed. This was one of the top 10% hotel beds i've slept in, very comfortable. I also enjoyed the Wolfgang Puck coffemaker.

CONS: noisy in room A/C, i called it The Rattler. no air fan in the toilet/shower room. the construction made carrying bags over traffic cones a small challenge, especially with lack of electric opening doors. Televisions were outdated, no flat screens.

PROS: friendly staff, without exception. very cool athletic facility attached to hotel, 9 indoor tennis courts and indoor pool, large gym with free weights, fullcourt indoor hoops, 22 acre complex, plenty of parking.

We decided to stay in the area a 2nd night to give us more time to visit our peeps. I decided to book a 2nd night at the Doubletree despite the fact a 4 star hotel downtown was offering a ridiculously low comparable price. That's no faint praise. We enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree and would have no qualms staying there again.

Room Tip: Hotel rates significantly lower on Priceline Name Your Own Price option. Warning: you must prepay, of course.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We booked our room though an online company, but called in advance to let them know we would need a room with two beds. I was told they couldn't guarantee that until we arrived. When arrived it was raining and the hotel was under construction. There was no place to park and go inside to register without getting soaked. We were told we would have to wait for a room and for the wait we would be upgraded to a Hilton honors suite, but that was not the case. The room was large, but the beds were small and soft. The air conditioning was pre-set and would go no lower than it's set position. My family and I would wake in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. We asked the hotel to do something about it, but they said there was nothing they could do. I left my watch and earrings and called the next day to be told they were not found. We were directed directly to house keeping, not the front desk or the manager of the hotel. It seems I'm out a watch and a pair of earrings now as well. I would not stay there again or recommend it to anyone I know. We stayed from March 17-20, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family