1,112 results
All reviews tennis courts double tree athletic club cookies fitness center workout facilities outdoor pool beautiful hotel omelet i highly recommend this hotel st louis rooms were very clean king bed kim conference ballroom teams
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My wife and I made an impromptu trip to STL since my alma mater (Ohio University) was playing in the Sweet 16 at the Edward Jones Dome. She is originally from the Chesterfield area and we wanted to stay west of town in order to minimize drive time to visit friends and family. I quickly used the Priceline "Name Your Own Price" option midweek to get this 3.5 star hotel for a very fair price.

When we arrived we learned the reason for the deal, the main entrance/lobby was under construction. And it was noisy. No worries on my end but that might annoy a more finicky traveler. Check in was a breeze and the staff was delightfl, even offering us two warm chocolate chip cookies from the oven/warmer.

My main thing for hotels is the comfort of the bed. This was one of the top 10% hotel beds i've slept in, very comfortable. I also enjoyed the Wolfgang Puck coffemaker.

CONS: noisy in room A/C, i called it The Rattler. no air fan in the toilet/shower room. the construction made carrying bags over traffic cones a small challenge, especially with lack of electric opening doors. Televisions were outdated, no flat screens.

PROS: friendly staff, without exception. very cool athletic facility attached to hotel, 9 indoor tennis courts and indoor pool, large gym with free weights, fullcourt indoor hoops, 22 acre complex, plenty of parking.

We decided to stay in the area a 2nd night to give us more time to visit our peeps. I decided to book a 2nd night at the Doubletree despite the fact a 4 star hotel downtown was offering a ridiculously low comparable price. That's no faint praise. We enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree and would have no qualms staying there again.

Room Tip: Hotel rates significantly lower on Priceline Name Your Own Price option. Warning: you must prepay, of course.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We booked our room though an online company, but called in advance to let them know we would need a room with two beds. I was told they couldn't guarantee that until we arrived. When arrived it was raining and the hotel was under construction. There was no place to park and go inside to register without getting soaked. We were told we would have to wait for a room and for the wait we would be upgraded to a Hilton honors suite, but that was not the case. The room was large, but the beds were small and soft. The air conditioning was pre-set and would go no lower than it's set position. My family and I would wake in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. We asked the hotel to do something about it, but they said there was nothing they could do. I left my watch and earrings and called the next day to be told they were not found. We were directed directly to house keeping, not the front desk or the manager of the hotel. It seems I'm out a watch and a pair of earrings now as well. I would not stay there again or recommend it to anyone I know. We stayed from March 17-20, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CHaynie70
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My company put me up in this hotel for a week during my training. As a sales rep I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this by far was the best experience! I ate at the hotel restaurant every morning for breakfast and was surprise when my server remembered my name and exactly what I like to drink and eat. Being away from home is hard, but having a wonderful, friendly face like Yongae was a pleasant treat. The hotel was very clean and everyone went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. The hotel food was great, the bar has a complimentary happy hour during the week and got pretty busy the weekend I was there. Free shuttle to the golds gym and close restaurants. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed here on a Sunday night heading back into St. Louis on business.Despite being a large hotel, the lobby felt warm and inviting and I never felt like I had to do the usual trudge to the room you end up with at larger hotels.

I will say that the room was a little small. But, to me, it felt really cozy and warm. Especially as I had been Scuba diving the two days prior and I was both cold and exhausted. The bed was really comfortable ( I slept like a log), the flat screen TV was great and the room looked really nice. I loved the linens and all in all, this was a great upgrade from the dive (scuba that is) hotel I had been staying at out in the boonies.

When I went out to dinner, I noticed that there was some sort of event going on. Regular business travelers will likely groan at hearing this. But, I had absolutely no problem as a result. No screaming kids running up and down the hall, no loud music late at night, nothing.

Another nice perk, despite the hotel feeling like it is back in the woods, there is a large mall and few retail strip malls within a mile or so of the hotel. So, you get the best of both worlds without the traffic noise or the parking headaches.

All in all, a good stay with nothing negative to report. Next time I am in the area I will be staying at the Doubletree.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was there on business and my wife tagged along for fun. This is a very good value for the suburbs of St. Louis. There is a large mall nearby and lots of good restaurants within a few miles. The staff was very helpful and accomondating. The lounge looked typical for a hotel, but the drinks were very reasonable priced and we had fun before going out to dinner. The rooms are very nice, clean and well maintained. I will stay here again!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

I am very pleased after reading your comments and I look forward to taking this opportunity to share those with our team.

I do hope that if you ever need our services again in the future, that you will consider staying again with us.

Best wishes and much thanks,
Ryan Konz