“Terrible night of sleep!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My stay started badly when both my co-worker and I both had to try about 10 times to get our keys to work when we arrived at our rooms. Later that night, it took him about 25 times and mine never did work

So when I tried to go to sleep there was this whistling noise, like the wind blowing around the window. When I finally gave up at 2:30, and checked it out, I found it was coming from the wall mounted air-conditioner. So I turn it on (one setting) to mask the noise and it sounds like a freight train right next to your bed. An awful night of sleep! In addition, the doors close very loudly and the gap in the room doors is so large you can see daylight.

The people at the front desk are very nice.

• Stayed: January 2012
Ryan K, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I wish to express my sincere apology for the lack of accommodating service and accommodations you have received especially related to room keys and noise. I assure you that this is not indicative of the level of service and quality we strive to provide to each of our very valued customers.

Clearly we have failed to provide you with the quality and service you have come to expect and deserve with Doubletree by Hilton. Your comments and experiences at our property have been reviewed with the entire management team of the Hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology for any and all inconvenience and discomfort we caused you. Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield

Reviewed December 27, 2011

The hotel had nice room with comfortable beds and nice decor. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011
Ryan K, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are delighted. We strive continually to maintain the superior level of service and accommodations which has symbolizes the Doubletree by Hilton.

I am very pleased to read your comments and I look forward to taking this opportunity to share those with our team.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2011

We are actually here right now. The hotel is very nicely decorated. The rooms are updated and clean. The pool is big with a 7 ft end and fountain with led lights in the hot tub and pool. The water is nice and warm in both pool and hot tub and I believe it is salt water BIG PLUS! There are tons of huge towels in the pool room. We were given fresh baked cookies upon check in. The room temp is easily managable with a thermostat on the wall. I will be back for sure. My only complaint is that this computer room I'm in smells like feet and the keyboard is gross but who cares, bring a laptop!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Selina B

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments regarding the pool, cookies and overall feel of the hotel are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. The feedback in regards to business center assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Nice and clean rooms, well organized and layed out. Rooms doors have closers that really shut the door loudly, so plan on an early wake up time. Food service was good at our banquet. One thing I along with many others in our group did not care for was their anti-conceal/carry signs for the entire hotel which in my mind makes it ripe for the pickin' for the bad guys. When I'm in my own room, I choose to remain protected. So even tho I would choose this hotel again, I would not feel comfortable walking past their signage packin. That is the hotel's choice and policy so I will respect it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments regarding our rooms and banquet event are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. In regards to the signage we are required by local ordinance to post this signage although I appreciate the feedback as we utilize to better explain the local ordinance. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend while visiting family, primarily because of all the Hilton brands in the area, it was the least expensive. This hotel is next to the Chesterfield mall, so close to shopping and restaurants. On site they have indoor and outdoor swimming, tennis courts, fitness facility, conference facilities, a quaint little lounge/bar, and a restaurant. The bar let me come down and pick up a bottle of wine and take glasses to the room, getting around the room service charges. Their bar and food charges were reasonable. In the room there is free coffee service refreshed daily, the beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean. Parking is free; however, if you are not a Hilton Gold or Diamond member there is a fee for internet service. The internet is provided throught AT&T, which if you are an AT&T account holder with internet access, you can get interent access complimentary through AT&T. All the staff were friendly and cheerful. Definitely will be back to this hotel.

Room Tip: When in hotels, I always request a room away from the elevator and ice machine. Less noise; however...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank QuietmanTravels
Ryan K, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Dear valued guest,

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Nice hotel, stayed there for a month so got a bit boring after a week or 2 - breakfast good, staff very helpful but no dinner service some days. Bar very quiet most of the time but again, good service and ok food there....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us especially related to our overall facility offerings and proximity to shopping. We will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I just returned from an annual meeting at this beautiful hotel. It's very nice, not quite 4 stars as it shows some wear here and there. But I give the rooms 5 stars for comfort and cleanliness.
They did an excellent job hosting our event, however they announced they would increase the rent on the conference room from a total of $1000 plus the lunches, etc. to $5,000 if we wished to use the facilities next year. That's quite an increase!
I guess they don't want our business back, too bad they are a nice place and we are a nice group from a quiet organization.
Overall if your looking for a nice hotel room and services, you won't go wrong here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LucyBrownlee
Ryan K, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I apologize that you feel that your group was quoted too high. Our pricing is competitive and comparable to other venues within the marketplace. I want you to know that our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations. I am glad to hear that we did in fact do that for your group.

Again, thank you for your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 636-299-9852.

Best regards,