“Awesome experience. Worth the time and very educational.”

Sachs Butterfly House
More attraction details
Owner description: Butterfly exhibit promoting an understanding of the nature through the world of insects.
“Awesome experience. Worth the time and very educational.”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I love the Owls and Orchids event. So many owl butterflies flying at dusk!!! If you enjoy butterflies landing on you, this is the event for you.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Another great visit!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I was here last year and enjoyed it just as much, if not more. There are TONS of butterflies. You don't know where to look there's so many! I would easily spend the day here if the temperature wasn't kept so hot where the butterflies are. This is a place I'd visit every time I'm in town.

Visited September 2013
Southern California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“we learned a lot”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

this is a good place to take your children. Make sure you watch the short film before you start your visit. They also had some bugs that gave me the creeps... and were pretty amazing... but your young boys might be thrilled. Walking through enclosed area where the butterflies are is a little warm... but worth going through. There were many kinds of butterflies that would land, sometimes on you... so you can take lots of pictures. The visit here will take about a hour... maybe hour and a half. If you do not have children it might be something you might want to pass on unless you really like nature.. I would come back again, even though I did not bring any children. It was worth seeing. I also like the fact the they are an equal opportunity employer, hiring people with special needs. Or they are volunteers.. still I love that they are there to help us with our visit.

poplar bluff mo.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited with grandkids great place. For all ages. Will go back. They have a place for kids to play and learn about butterflies.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Butterflies everywhere!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My toddler was obsessed with seeing butterflies so we thought this would be perfect! The butterflies were everywhere. We've been in another butterfly house, and those butterflies weren't shy and landed on you. At this one I had only one land on me briefly and one landed on my son briefly. That was disappointing. Other than that, it's a cool place to visit. We went on a bright sunny day that was warm, so we were sweating by the time we left. There's some fun things for the little ones to do and other bugs to look at while there as well. Pretty cool.

Just across the way is wonderful park. My toddler was extremely upset when it was time to leave.