“Your photo is NOT of the carousel...it is of the research park”

St. Louis Carousel at Faust Park
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Carousel is nice...staff not so nice...music a little loud, because it is inside and can't escape. Trying to figure out when it is open, is also a little difficult

Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you like carousels, you will want to visit Faust Park. Economically priced and great surroundings.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Merry-go-Round that was at one time part of the Forest Park rides.
Young children enjoy it. Don't remember what the charge is.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My two grandsons loved the carousel horses. I love that the animals and horses were restored from the Forest Park Highlands. We had our annual elementary school picnics there--many memorable times.

1  Thank schatzedog
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We've been to other carousels in the St. Louis area and beyond. This is the first one we've been to that I feel like the kids really get a ride long enough to satisfy them. Many of the other ones have my kids wanting to have another ride so I have to be the bad guy or cough up more money.

The only bummer I can see is that they don't allow you to charge less than $10 to a credit card. Since I live close by and can visit often I bought several rides at once (I think it was $10 for 6 rides) usually it's $2 a ride (adults have to pay too). It's a beautiful old restored carousel and it's inside so you are sheltered from the weather. There is plenty of parking in the park and you can also visit the Butterfly House, play on the great playground or look at the historic buildings while you are there.