“Overpriced”

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #10 of 210 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place needs Restaurant Stakeout to do an undercover show on their food and service. We were ignored in the lobby for around 10 minutes - should've left, wished we would have. Food service was slow and the restaurants wasn't busy at all. Our waiter spent plenty of time talking to females at another table. Food was blah, not worth the price.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

On July 7, I posted a review of Mimi's based on two visits for breakfast. This past Saturday evening, we tried dinner at Mimi's for the first time - and were very pleased.

My wife ordered the roasted chicken crepes, based in part on our server's recommendation. Unfortunately, she found that the Dijon in the honey mustard sauce totally overwhelmed the flavors of the crepes, chicken and vegetables. When our server stopped by to checkon us, she quickly swapped my wife's dish for another, this time the chicken pot pie. She loves chicken pot pie, and said this was the best she's had in a very long time.

I had the beef bourguignon. It was tender and flavorful, the veggies with it were great, cooked long enough to get great flavor, but not until mush. The sauce was fantastic.

We both started with the French onion soup. It was great and flavorful, with lots of onions. Not the best I've ever had, but very, very good.

Service was outstanding. You can really recognize great service, or lack of it, when something doesn't go right. Our service could not have been handled better.

We will return to Mimi's for dinner, not just breakfast.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The food here is pretty expensive and certainly wasn't all that exciting - not terrible, just so-so. But the experience didn't help with the slow as molasses service. Took ages just to get seated and while our waiter was very nice, he was too slow to take our orders and pick up the bill. Just in town for the day and this is a one-time stop for us.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Love,Love this place!! The French Onion Soup is to die for!! The muffins are all wonderful even the bran one ( I can't believe I said that) lol. Salads are all really good and large in size. Dinner menu has a little of everything for even your most picky eater which is nice. The Bread Pudding is made from Heaven!! If you love Bread Pudding this is a must try. Now I will say the waitress told us that on Monday they will be breaking in a brand new menu. They are going to be adding more " French" items to it, but she hadn't heard what was being taken off or added on to the menu. So this could be tricky hopefully they will keep my two fav's, so the next time were in St. Louis or Kansas City we will stop and try the new menu.

1  Thank Cyndylouwho2
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Mimi's is our go-to breakfast spot every time we do a weekend in St. Louis. Their meals are tasty, large and very reliable. They do call ahead seating which is always appreciated. My only request?? Open a Mimi's in Springfield, Illinois!!!!