“MiMi's Cafe”

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #10 of 210 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Good service, decent prices, great food. I had the Top Sirloin with mashed potatoes, shrimp kabob & it was great. Would recommend this one to anyone heading out of St. Louis on 40/64. The wife & I have eaten there twice & we'll go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast at Mimi's on the morning of July 5, before meeting friends for a day in the St Louis area. The place was almost empty when we arrived, so the wait staff was very attentive. With so many great sounding choices, choosing was a challenge. I had the Santa Fe omelette. It was very good, but not as spicy as the menu warned. The potatoes were great too. My wife had the avocado BLT omelette and loved it too. Bacon and tomato have long been a favorite combo for an omelette, but adding the avocado to it really put it over the top for her.

With some also great coffee, the breakfast was excellent overall. By the time we finished, the café was starting to get much busier.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very cute French/Jazz themed cafe offering friendly service and classy food in a casual setting. We (5 adults) enjoyed a late dinner on a Sunday night and the wait staff was very attentive. When we ordered onion rings and they came out later to say they were out of them, we switched to the stuffed mushrooms and they brought a double portion for the price of one order. The entrees we tried were the La Grand Bleu Burger, French Quarter, Monterey Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and Corn Choweder & Seared Scallops. Everything was delicious and tastefully presented. I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and the broccoli that came with it was the most amazing steamed broccoli I have ever tasted! Perfect texture, color and seasoning. I want more. Oh and they also brought two wonderful types of bread while we waited for our meal; French baguettes that were so perfectly fresh and soft with a thin crispy crust, and some soft, sweet, molasses cinnamon rasin nut bread. We could have probably just eaten the bread and been happy.

Prices were about on par with Chili's or Olive Garden ($9-$15) and food was higher quality so a very good value. With appetizer, softdrinks, tax and tip our bill was right around $100 for 5 of us.

A definite must stop if you are in the area. Bon appetit!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was here a couple of months ago, and the service and food were very good. This has a wonderful "down home", comfortable and welcoming decor without being "cracker barrell-ish" tacky.
The burgers are especially good.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Good dinner choices for the prices. Mimi's is always a great value and very affordable for a family. Currently offering some 3-course values that were very enjoyable. Roasted chicken crepes were very good.