“A place to stay on business travel”

Hampton Inn and Suites-Chesterfield
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This visit was okay. It had everything you needed to sleep and take care of business. The rooms were not very good with sound proofing. I could hear absolutely everything from the people above me. It made it difficult to sleep at some points. However, overall great location and up to date Lobby area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jon P, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites-Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review out hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear your visit was just ok. I apologize for the noise levels at night, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to sleep. Thank You for noticing our recent lobby remodel and we agree about our location. Almost everything you could need is within a two mile radius of the hotel. At Hampton, we have the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, which includes friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings. I would like to extend our guarantee to you for your inconviences, so please contact me directly at the hotel.

Jon Peterson

636-530-0770

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very helpful staff, clean, comfortable room, and a great, hot breakfast. Loved having an umbrella there to borrow as it was really raining--what a nice touch! When you fly into a city then borrow a car, you don't have your own things to rely on. Only slight negative: Could hear voices a little from next door. Not bad though, and I always bring earplugs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for sharing your kind remarks about our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well. We are always looking for ways to help our guests, so hearing that our umbrella was helpful for you is outstanding. I am sorry to hear the noise from surrounding rooms was a problem, but good thinking bringing ear plugs. At Hampton, we guarantee a clean room, comfortable surroundings, and friendly service. We hope to see you again next time you are in Chesterfield

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Great rates, especially considering the quality and service. Breakfast is great. Staff is friendly and helpful. Last visited in April 2013 and it appears there was recent remodeling to the entry and dining room areas and it looks great. I always enjoy staying at this hotel. It feels very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jon P, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites-Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your pleasant experience. It is always nice to hear such high remarks. Thank you for noticing the lobby and breakfast area remodeling, it is a defiante upgrade. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well. I agree Chesterfield is a great location with numerous activities and venues. A clean, comfortable room and freindly service is always our number one goal. Again, Thank You for your comments

Reviewed May 1, 2013

As usual I had a pleasant stay at a Hampton Inn. The hotel was nice and clean and the front desk staff was courteous. The cookies were very good and warm with plenty of beverages. Location is great, near restaurants, shopping and movie theater. Our room was clean and the hotel was nice and quiet. The breakfast was fine, had nice selection to choose from (the waffles were the hit item for most).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Jon P, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites-Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your pleasant experience. It is always nice to hear such high remarks. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the waffles and cookies. I agree Chesterfield is a great location with numerous activities and venues. A clean, comfortable room and freindly service is always our number one goal. Again, Thank You for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Chesterfield

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked a room at this Hampton for my wife and me as a one-night stop on a multi-state trip. As a Hilton Hhonors member, I've come to expect a good experience at Hampton Inns and have rarely been disappointed. Count this as one of those disappoinments. First, though, some credit: Kimmie handled our check-in very quickly and courteously, and she pointed out the fresh cookies at the coffee bar (warm, and surprisingly good). Later in the evening, she was helpful with restaurant recommendations and provided us with some takeout menus for a couple local places. A gold star to Kimmie, then. However, things rapidly went downhill from there. While this Hampton certainly appears to be reasonably new from the road, it was anything but in room 329. Even though this particular property touts itself as smoke-free, there was the unmistakable stale odor of smoke on entering the room. I understand that once a room has been smoked in, no amount of vacuuming will remove the stench. But come on, a little Febreze once a week can't hurt. It was also pretty obvious that the room had not been vacuumed since the last guest, as there was white sock fuzz on the carpet even before we removed our own shoes. The king bed gave all the indications of having been worn out in a downtown Best Western prior to being installed in this Hampton. It was literally like putting two people in a hammock, with both of us rolling to the center and then "climbing" back to the edge. Oh they put the bumpy duvet cover on it, but the mattress itself was pure junk. The toilet wouldn't quit running unless you pulled the tank lid off and jiggled the flapper chain. The showerhead was the ubiquitous cheap Waterpik thing that is made basically for hotels, and like most of them these days, the adjuster ring refused to rotate with the water running. More junk. The TV only got half the channels listed on the channel card. Etc., etc.

The layout of this Hampton struck us as just weird, too, with multiple parallel hallways, and only single elevators rather than the far more prevalent twin elevators. The dining area, contrary to every other Hampton we've stayed in over the last 25 years, was cavernous, but had little actual seating relative to its size. And for some reason, the breakfast area was shoehorned into a tiny, crowded little room that would have been really irritating had the place been even a third full when we were there. The breakfast items themselves were the usual tired Hampton fare, not necessarily the hotel's fault. But I will say that at breakfast, people expect breakfast sausage, not thin slices of smoked dinner sausage. Again, weird...

I did not complain to the front desk on checkout, and I did not request the room be comped as per the "Hampton Guarantee." Now that I've reminded myself of how bad a stay this was, I'm wishing I had. St. Louis is full of better Hamptons than this. We won't return at any cost.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KSUBaker
Jon P, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites-Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

I am very sorry for all of the issues which you encountered on your stay with us. I know how a bad stay at the hotel can have a large impact on your trip. I do appreciate the positive words you shared about Kimmie and taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor, as we are always looking to improve. At Hampton, we have the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and as you mentioned you did not request a refund, but I would like to apply the guarantee and remove all charges from your stay with us. Please contact me directly and I will gladly make the changes for you.

Jon Peterson
Assistant General Manager
Phone: 636-530-0770
Email: jon.peterson@hilton.com

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I called the hotel 2 hours away and asked if I could go ahead and check in once I make it there and she said the hotel was booked and she will see what she can do, upon arrival they already had my room ready for me, so they made it easier on me by allowing me to go ahead and check in a little early. They never made me feel like I was getting on their nerves when asked for extra towels and etc. They made me feel like I was number one priority and all the housekeepers and desk clerks greeted me with a smile and offered their help. Everyone went above and beyond and the room was clean and breakfast was great! Thank you all Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: My room was 101 near the pool, which was great because my kids and I wanted to swim.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Jon P, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites-Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. Our number one goal is to always provide friendly service and comfortable surroundings. I am glad to hear your room location was also a positive experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you again next time your in Chesterfield.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Very nice, clean, and large sized rooms and friendly, hospitable staff! Great location near restaurants, bars and shopping. We stay here every time we are in the area. Overall great experience each time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon P, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites-Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank You very much for your kind remarks. We like to think we are pretty lucky in regards to location with so many great attractions nearby. We love to think we have a friendly, hospitable staff and it is wonderful to hear our guests think the same. We are glad you enjoyed your room, it is part of our 100% Hampton guarantee. We hope everyone enjoys the same features of our hotel as you did. We look forward to seeing you again soon next time you stop by Chesterfield!