“good stay”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Washington
“good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a three night stay for a baseball tourney. Breakfast was excellent. They are extremely punctual with shutting off breakfast at 10 a.m. Our room was outstanding. Numerous pillows, good mattress, clean room and bathroom. Kitchenette was very user friendly and the refrigerator and ice maker really helped out. Our first game on Sunday was not until 2:30 and let let us check out at noon instead of eleven which was very helpful and appreciated. Overall very pleased!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites in Chesterfield. We appreciate your business and feedback. If your travels should bring you back to St. Louis, we would love to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

This Homewood Suites is in a nice location, it was clean and up to date. The facilities were all very nicely maintained. There were youth baseball teams staying at the hotel when we were there. Although they were a little rambuctious, the room was quite and we weren't bothered. There was road construction near the hotel when we stayed. I would have appreciated better directions around the construction on the hotel website. The complimentary breakfast was better than most in this price range. Over all it was a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Overland Park, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and include a small kitchen. Parking is easy. There is a pool available, as well as a small fitness room. If you need to stay close to business they have a shuttle bus that can take you to a location within five miles of the hotel. The hotel is located in a good area and is easy to highway access so you can visit the sights of St. Louis. The hotel is within walking distance of a grocery store and several very good restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Love,the staff and breakfast. and Everything wish we could have stayed longer. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us . Love the layout of the rooms and amenities. I wish we could have used the pool and it would have been nice to have a playground on the property for my 2 year old granddaughter to play on . But very few places have that anyway .

Rochester Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

When I checked in, I was pleased with the appearance of the lobby, it was downhill from there.
I stepped into my dark hot room. The main light in the room is broken, but there are a few smaller lamps so I won't stumble finding the thermostat. The temperature is set at 66 but the thermometer reads 79. That was the lowest the temperature was all night. OK, I thought, I'll open a window. No such luck, the springs on the windows won't hold the 20 pound windows are totally broken. A gas of ice water should help. No luck again, there is no ice maker in the freezer ... there is not even a container to hold ice except for my cooking pot. I called down to the front desk ... they said just turn on your ice maker ... there isn't one. OK just bring your ice bucket to the first floor and get some ... I don't have any buckets or large bowls ... , oops the ice maker on the first floor is broken too, we'll send some ice up. Your refrigerator was scheduled to be replaced today. It will be replaced before you get back tomorrow. … OK Thanks. On to dinner. Let’s cube up some chicken and fry it up for my salad. No cutting board, OK I’ll use a plate. No frying pan. OK I’ll boil it … no strainer either. What kind of kitchen is set up for neither frying nor boiling? Forget it, I’ll eat downstairs. Beef stroganoff and vegetables, good … well maybe not so good. The noodles were so over cooked that I can’t discern what shape the pasta was before cooking, the mixed vegetables were cooked to mush too. Oh well, it’s food. I sat down and got my sleeve stuck in the pile of syrup from this morning’s breakfast. So far, it hasn’t been a good night. I eventually retired to my hot sticky room. The next night was much of the same. No, the refrigerator was not fixed or replace as promised. No, the AC was not fixed. No, it’s still dark. No, still no frying pan or strainer. What’s this on my desk a note telling me are expecting a “perfect 10”. If there is anything we can do better, let me know. One would think that would mean that the hotel would act on the information given them.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the Staybridge Suites or the Residence Inn. There are a few within 15 minutes.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We have ordered the refridgerator for that room, but there was a delay in shipping. It will arrive tomorrow. We have addresssed your other issues with our Maintenance and Kitchen staff. We appreciate your feedback. We look to our guest to let us know what they would like to see improved. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We planned a small weekend trip, staying from Saturday night through the very next morning. When we checked in on Saturday evening, we were very tired and ended up falling asleep very early. The next morning, we ate breakfast, and my toddlers were playing and crawling throughout the sleep. Within a few minutes, their hands and feet were black from the dirty carpets. There was dried blood on the bathroom floor and there was an inch of dust on the base boards. While I was cleaning up around the table, I bent down to pick up an time and I noticed that the wall had been splattered with food and never cleaned. In the bathroom, when I needed a tissue, I pulled out an already used and balled up tissue. The final straw was when we were going through and making sure that we had all of our items packed up, my husband lifted the bed skirt to make sure nothing got pushed under the bed...we find the most repulsive thing ever. Some prior guest had used the inside of the bed skirt to wipe their bloody and slimy nose on it. We had already touched it before we realized what it was! I've never been so repulsed by a hotel stay. I got so sick to my stomach that I started to regret eating breakfast at the hotel that morning. If we had seen this the first day I would have certainly asked for my money back and went to another hotel.

1 Thank Jessica P
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Homewood suites by Hilton is one of the wonderful brands any hotel brand has to offer. It has to be one of the most innovative and accommodating hotels, thinking of everything and going above and beyond to take care of it's guest. The fully equipped rooms with full size refrigerator, microwave, and kitchenette is clean and together. Breakfast was o.k., and the dinner and cocktail service is pleasant. Though the hotel is 20-30 minutes from Downtown St. Louis it is worth it. The staff is friendly, pleasant and goes out of their way to please. It's very hard to find anything wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have fireplaces. Most overlook the pool.
1 Thank chefgreg1961
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate feedback from our guests. Should you need further accommodations, we would love the opportunity to serve you again!