“Not the best hotel stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield

Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Chicago
“Not the best hotel stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The good: complimentary hot breakfast. Not a lot of variety, but better tasting than other Homewoods we've stayed at. Free Wi-fi. Location conveniently right off I-64/US40. By Chesterfield Mall. Front desk staff was friendly.

The bad: They do not have maintenance staff on call after hours. We checked in late, found out toliet did not flush, but they had no one to fix it. They were fully booked so no other room was available. Fortunately our family had two rooms booked, so we had access to a second bathroom. Second day, housekeeping did not come to clean room. Furniture in suite is old and needs updating. Suites smaller than other Homewoods we've stayed at. Stove had 2 burners but no oven. No safe in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Elliott R, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Nashua, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I travel a lot for business and when I can, I always prefer to stay at a Homewood Suites. I have had the best experiences with the hotel staff and this was no exception. Kim was fabulous and really cared that I know she had been in and out of the room. The room was clean and comfortable as always. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Vancouver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff at this hotel is wonderful and helped me get the right room for my physical condition. The air conditioner worked really well and the wireless connectivity was excellent. I really appreciate the breakfast and dinner meals served. The salsa and cheese to add at breakfast is a nice touch especially since I really like both.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed for business for 3 nights and couldn't be more happier. It was the first place that not only offered complimentary breakfast but complimentary dinner. Great place to stay. I would return for another trip if I am ever back in that area. The suite format for the hotel was nice to have a kitchen, living room, and bedroom. Since I was there to make a presentation at a conference, that gave me plenty of space to move around and prepare for the presentation. With restaurants close by, it was not a chore trying to find something to eat. Usually, I would stop somewhere and get something to go and bring it back to my room so I can eat there in my kitchen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Friendly staff and hotel offers a nice breakfast and evening happy hour during the week. A little dated but very comfortable. Numerous restaurants and mall nearby. Caters to a business crowd. One weird thing was my GPS had this hotel located about a mile away, which seemed to be an addressing issue.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great value, friendly staff, ok location, but the rooms are in definite need of an update. The entire staff was friendly and very courteous, but the carpet, funrnishings, bathroom, and all other area of the rooms need an upgrade.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Elliott R, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of your guest suite. I’m glad to hear the staff took good care of you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to the area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

What a great hotel!! The outside of the property is very well maintained. The young lady at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. I asker about an indoor pool for my son to use and she immediately offered free passes to the YMCA to use their pool since the hotel only had an outdoor pool which was closed. The room was extremely clean and well kept, the furniture was nice and comfortable, the bedroom was clean with comfortable beds and clean sheets. The bathroom was also clean. Breakfast was only acceptable, they had a decent selection but there were only sausage links and potatoes on the hot food bar. They had a good selection of cereal and yogurt with fresh fruit. The coffee was very good too. Every staff member I encountered was nice and friendly. I will absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family