“Great Service!”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Service!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We recently stayed at this Homewood Suites for seven nights while on vacation. The room and common areas were clean, well-appointed and well maintained. I was pleasantly surprised that we received housekeeping service every day, as some extended stay type hotels do not offer that for longer stays. What really stood out at this hotel was the service. EVERY staff member we came into contact with gave great service. The desk agents were very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast staff was fantastic. The first weekday of our stay, we did not realize breakfast was finished at 9:00, so we came down at about 9:20 am. Needless to say, the breakfast attendant was working on clean up and there were no items left out. She really went above and beyond and offered to get us whatever we would like for breakfast. I was very impressed with that gesture. The housekeeping staff also showed great service, with every single one of them smiling and greeting us, sometimes even striking up conversation or stopping to hold a door open for us. Very well done! It is clear that an emphasis is put upon a culture of service in this hotel. We will definitely stay here again when our travels bring us to the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our family spent the night at the Homewood Suites to celebrate a special occasion. We tend to prefer Homewood Suites because of the extra space, free internet, and free breakfast as well as the better quality of the rooms. This Homewood passed on all accounts.

We made ample use of the pool, spending a total of 4 1/2 hours swimming over a one-night stay. The pool was well-maintained and except for a little dirt that had spilled out of a potted plant, clean.

Homewood Suites usually offers the same style bed as other members in the Hilton family; the bed in this room seemed to be missing a pillow top. Other than that, the room was on par with the other HS hotels our family has stayed in over the years.

Breakfast was better this time than on my other stays at this particular HS hotel; the Greek yogurt and Canadian bacon were nice touches.

Overall, I find this location to be nice for families and certainly a comfortable place for business travelers.

Room Tip: The hotel is shaped like a U, and the elevators are on the ends, not in the middle. If you usually...
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay at Homewood Suites in Chesterfield, MO. There were three huge disasters one after another. For one, when preparing the sleeper sofa I found worms crawling on the sleeper and then after that what appeared to be a cabinet door below the bathroom sink fell off and injured my leg and cut it immensely. Additionally, the bathroom was infested with termite looking bugs. I drove 20 miles out the way to make sure I stayed at a Homewood Suites only to walk into a disaster. The staff was not very accommodating as they did not offer me another room or even offer to come and fix the door to prevent another injury. I know they give free breakfast but is it really worth the price you pay for a potential bad experience involving bug infestation, uncleanliness and poor property workmanship. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!!!!!

2 Thank Veronica S
, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experiences that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and our number one priority. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. Again, we are sorry for the inconveniences you had at our property and we want you to know that we will make this right. We have reviewed your comments with our entire staff and have addressed the situation here locally. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss this situation at 636-530-0305.
Virginia
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay in a Homewood Suites and I was not disappointed. Easy check in and out, clean and comfy room. Bed was comfortable. The business center was easy to use and the printer did work. Overall great place!

• Stayed April 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Well they didn't serve lobster by playboy playmates but they did give us a great place to stay, breakfast and dinner. The two room suite means that I can get up early and make coffee, watch CNBC, and plan a successful day while the wife sleeps in. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
kansas city
Reviewed March 18, 2012

2nd time I have stayed here. I stay here for two reasons: its close to my daughter and they have a liberal per policy. Property is very clean and well run with spacious, functional rooms. They have hot food every morning and four nights per week. Within a 100 yards of Schucks and a few restaurants, large mall within a mile. Two minor drawbacks: its a haul into St Louis plus ingress/egress from parking lot is limited due to one way road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Average for a suburban location..
Here is my experience at the Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield.
I was in room 222 which is far from the front desk and out of the way of parking. But the walk was good for me. There seems to be one elevator, silly for a property that is a spread out as this one. There is an employee table on this side of the property so you can smell cigarette smoke and hear loud talking sometimes, so be sure to not face that side of the property if you are sensitive to those subjects.
The address on the Hilton.com website is NOT GPS friendly and will have you going far from the location. Hilton has added the following information to their website “ *Navigational tools, such as a GPS system, will not give you accurate directions. If using a GPS, use 141 Hilltown Village, Chesterfield, MO 63017. We are directly behind Schnuck's Grocery.*”
It was an overall nice stay, but I don’t think I’d stay again, too many personal annoyances.
Here is a summary of my REVIEW.
=================================
The Facts (Stuff that's detail the experience)...
=================================
- 1 KING 1 BDRM STE (King One Bedroom Suite)
- ROOM 222
- Two night stay

=================================
The Praise (Stuff that's good)...
- Quiet Location
- Close to shopping and Dining options
- Friendly Staff
- Room size/Layout (typical Homewood)
- Near two highways (I-64 and I-44)
- Of course the free meals, coffee and snacks

=================================
The Raze (Stuff that's bad)...
=================================
- No wireless internet in the room
- GPS says “GO EAST, my friend”
- MAZE of hallways
- ONE ELEVATOR all alone in a football field of a hotel
- Complicated driving pattern to get onto and out of the parking lot (U-Turns)

=================================
The Haze (Stuff to consider)...
=================================

- Proximity to St. Louis (Traffic can be BAD)
- Things in the area close early (Suburbs)
- Parking lot can be dark and creepy if you are alone at night walking to/from your car.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business