“Friendly, nice, free light dinner and nice breakfast, going back again”

Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Friendly staff all the way around, upholding the Hilton standard of excellence. Convenient to Saint Louis and I-64 and I-44. Nice breakfast and light dinner. Two room suites with free internet, full fridge, stove, etc. Typical Homewood Suites, nice as always. Outdoor pool, fitness, free pass to nearby YMCA. Classy.

Room Tip: Mon-Thurs free light dinner
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Just got back from 3 nights at Homewood Suites Chesterfield. We really enjoyed our stay based here for our St. Louis vacation. We went to the St. Louis zoo, Six Flaggs water park and amusement park, and the Science Museum. All of those places were 30 minute drives from the hotel. If you get nearer any of those attractions, your accommodations get expensive.

We came here with our sister's family. Each of our families had two adults and 3 children. We reserved two double bed suites with sofa beds. Unfortunately, the two they gave us were not near each other at all. They were on entirely opposite sides of the hotel. That's not what we wanted. We wanted to put the kids down to sleep in the evenings so the adults can enjoy some time talking in one of our living rooms, but close enough to be in range to check up on the kids in the other room. So we downgraded one of our double bed suites to a single king suite. However, they still charged us for the original reservation. Not sure why that is. I think we should have received a small rate reduction in the downgrade. But oh well.

Hot buffet breakfast is provided every morning and it is fantastic: waffles, eggs, sausages, yogurts, fruits, OJ, apple juice, pastries, muffins, and 24 hour coffee station. Mon-Thur, you get dinner provided also. Nothing huge, but still enough for a meal. We arrived Thursday and got hot dogs and chili dogs along with juices, beer, and wine. Fries and tater tots also in the meal, along with salads. Couldn't beat it. We were gonna go out to eat for dinner but didn't because of this dinner.

The pool is not huge and the deepest part is 5 feet. Shallow part has steps down into the pool and 3 feet deep. Towels are provided at the pool. There is also a BBQ gas grill so you can bring your own food to grill if you want to do that at the pool.

A few gripes:
Our air conditioner was not working very strongly, but after pointing it out, they fixed it. In the other room, it took them a whole extra day to fix the a/c, but eventually got fixed. Because the a/c had problems and the rooms were a confusion, they gave us a complimentary box of chocolates and a free $10 Darden Restaurant gift card. Not bad!!!!

Each room are indeed suites. A separate bedroom separates the bathroom and beds from the living room and kitchen. Kitchen is fully equipped with fridge, garbage disposal, dishwasher, microwave, and all utensils and dishes. There is free complimentary ethernet cabled internet connection. There is no wifi in the rooms; only ethernet cabled connections. Wifi is in the lobby only.

We stayed in Room 346 which is handicap accessible and very spacious. Our kids loved the pool and the food here. The hotel is also behind Schnucks and near a Walgreens and several nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Stay away from poolside rooms. Noisy!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cairoegypt
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We were VERY impressed with Homewood Suites! First, the rooms are TRUE suites - separate bedroom/bath area with a real door. A definite plus given that I'm a night owl and my wife is an early bird. The kitchen was very well equipped. High Speed Internet is free and is (at this writing) wired, so the speed is good. Indoor and outdoor pools. Breakfast included hot food and fresh cut fruit (complimentary). I feel this is one of the best values in the Chesterfield area. The only negative (and this is a highly subjective and personal thing) is that the bed was not firm enough for me - it tended to transfer movement too much, so that when one of us rolled around, the other could easily feel the movement and have a bit of sleep interruption. This is a minor thing, in my opinion. We'll definitely be back. I highly recommend this Homewood Suites location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2011

My husband, myself and my parents traveled to St. Louis to take my mom to have tests run at Missouri Baptist Hospital. I found this place on line and they were so good to make our stay comfortable and convenient. The suites were outstanding, clean, spacious and filled with all the things that make you feel at home. There was a full kitchen area, living area as well as the bedroom and vaniety area seperate from the bath. They had the best breakfast I have ever had at a hotel before and they also offered a wonderful food buffet in the evening every night. Everyone working there was very nice. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone needing a good place to stay in the St. Louis area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The hotel overbooked the night I stayed - I had reserved a 2 BR suite with king bed and two doubles. What I got was a 1 BR with 2 doubles. However, the hotel staff, before I even arrived, had comp'ed my room for the night. So, they went the extra effort to please, and of course, I was pleased about the price. Sarah, the clerk on duty, was friendly and pleasant.
The room slightly smelled like someone had smoked in it. It was a large enough suite, with two hi-def televisions, a dishwasher, refrigerator, and small stove. I really enjoyed the fireplace and the sofa in front of the fire. Breakfast was good, and the location in Chesterfield was great. There was sufficient parking.
My greatest complaint was that my room was on the third floor, and directly outside of my window were the flagpoles. The "Homewood Suite" flag was tattered, and it clanked in the wind ALL NIGHT LONG. The internet service wouldn't work in my room, either.
Overall, the staff is the reason that I would return to this hotel. They go the extra mile, and each person I met was friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stayed here for two nights and enjoyed my stay.

Positives:
Friendly, helpful staff
Low prices for a two-room suite.
Good location, right off 40/64

Negatives/concerns:
No free weights in the fitness room
Lots of processed food for breakfast and supper.
Each morning they started running out of food about an hour before the official end time.
They did not have real Half 'n Half for the coffee, only Coffeemate
One of the computers in the business center did not work.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed here on June 17, 2010 with my 3 teenagers. We all enjoyed the free dinner provided that evening. Good selection of pasta, salad, etc. I liked the opportunity to have a free glass of wine also in order to relax after a full day of driving. After dinner we all enjoyed a nice swim in the pool. It was very well maintained, water temp was great, and pool towels were plentiful. Free breakfast the next morning was great like at all of the Homewood Suites. Kids and I enjoy being able to have fresh waffles, fruit and eggs before leaving and hitting the road. Very nice surroundings. To get here our travel directions noted to drive through Ellisville and Clarkson Valley which seemed like an out of the way route to get here. But the teenagers all commented on how beautiful and nicely kept up both cities were. One teenager said it reminded her of Disney Parks... all of the lawns were immaculate, no cars parked on the streets, could not see any litter along the roads. Staff at the hotel was also very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again in the future without a doubt. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family