“Disappointing”

Charlie Gitto's from the Hill - Chesterfield
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Gitto's from the Hill - Chesterfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 208 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chesterfield Parkway
chesterfield, mo
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had wanted to try this place for some time but it was always packed. We finally ate there Tuesday evening - and we're very disappointed. The place was bustling but many tables were open. My main disappointment was the service- I felt rushed the entire time. I had barely received my appetizer before they were shoving my entree onto the table saying, oh it's on a warm plate so it will stay warm. It wasn't warm and they had to reheat it. The waiters constantly asked if they could take our plates away- while we still had food on them and were still eating. It felt like they wanted us to eat and leave within 30 minutes. There was no reason to turn over the table quickly and we should have been able to have a leisurely meal at our own pace. I felt like I was in a fast food place paying top dollar. No ambience, no service other than bing too fast, the food was decent but not enough to inspire me to return.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank saratogasue

ballwin mo
“What A Great Expierence”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a top choice for great Italian ( and other selections as well ) Outstanding service to compliment wonderful food. You wont be sorry you went to this top choice.Wine selections are at popular prices as well as upper moderate, Good overall value.

• Visited October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“We give it a 10 out of 10 for both visits”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great food, great atmosphere, great service.

We visited the Charlie Gitto's at the Hollywood St. Louis casino. Both visit, were great.

My first visit I wanted eggplant parm as an entree but it was only listed as an appetizer on the menu. They gladly made it into an entree for me. I wanted one of their salads but had lots of changes, no problem, came out perfect, just as I had asked.

Their creme brulie was wonderful and creamy, just like New Orleans. And, their shrimp scampi and seafood ravilo was fantastic. Great portion sizes!

Wonderful restaurant, wonderful time.

Visited November 2012
St. Louis Mo.
“Charlie Gitto's”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good food and quite a nice menu with great variety of options.
Last time we were there, they had a huge plate with fresh tomatoes.
Had fresh tomato soup - excellent!

Visited April 2012
Mount Vernon, Illinois
“A wonderful option in Chesterfield”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Although Charlie Gittos is approx. 5 minutes from the house, this is our first visit! We were pleasantly surprised at the decor, the menu, the service and the food. The service was first rate. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive, without being too overbearing. He also offered us suggestions for our order, which turned out to be great choices. My only complaint would be the mixed greens salad, which was a dismal combination of iceberg lettuce and not much else... not mixed greens. It was such a disappointment to an otherwise wonderful meal. Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2012