“Stay away!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is older. It was not comfortable. The mattress smelled of urine. The room was musty smelling, the bed was not comfortable. There are few places to eat in the area. The staff was not helpful about eatieries in the area. POOR value for the money!

Room Tip: Go West about 40 minutes and stay at the Holiday Inn, Polar Bluff, MO.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
qualityinn4200, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I am concerned about the problem you experienced with our hotel during your stay with us. We accommodate many guest each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Only hotel for many miles that had a room late at night. Room was pretty clean with newer furniture. There were a couple of strange looking stains on the carpet. One looked like vomit. We constantly side-stepped it. Vanity, tub, and toilet were very clean. The shower curtain was disgusting. Many, many stains and that pink growth of new mold for about six inches up on the curtain.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We had driven all day through storms, only to get to the motel (we had a reservation) to find that they had just gotten their electricity on. They weren't sure they had a room ready, but she checked with housekeeping and they did have a couple of rooms available. A nice clean room, the linens were white and soft. Breakfast the next morning was outstanding. A hot breakfast with a good variety of hot and cold foods to choose from. A pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you aren't sure about the rooms, ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I usually stay at Choice hotels for the rewards points and am usually pleased. Not so this time. The rate seemed high for a small town but was cheaper than Sikeston rates so we stayed here. It still wasn't worth the rate charged. The tiled floor in the bathroom was dirty and had lots of crud in the corners because the tile was so old. At breakfast the next morning my husband found a bug in the waffle mix--yuk! Breakfast room and lobby were really small. They get points for the flat screen TV and pretty comfortable bed but just not worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was really hesitant about booking a room at this Quality Inn based on some of the previous reviews. Still, I needed to stay at a choice hotels property in order to take advantage of their "stay 2 nights - get 1 free" promotion this summer and it was either here or the Econo Lodge. As things turned out, we enjoyed our stay here. We saw absolutely no bugs and believe me, I was checking. The room was clean, but the staff needed to do a walk around the hotel and empty the trash. There was a bag of trash along with empty beer bottles right outside the staff entrance along with a staff member standing outside smoking. Not very professional. Also, the shower in our room was designed for midgets (ooops, little people). If you are taller than 5 feet, you'll have to bend over. But the shower had a nice flow and an adjustable shower head. The breakfast was good and our room had a wall mounted flat screen TV which I was pleased with. I wish more hotels would go to flat screens. We stayed in 2 Comfort Inns and 1 Comfort Inn Suites on our vacation and neither of those hotels had flat screens. If I was in Charleston, MO, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

When I first entered the room I was quite happy. It was spacious, appeared clean and had all the usual amenities. The bed was very comfortable. However, the next morning when I entered the bathroom, there were about 2 dozen bugs crawling around the edges of the room and on the walls. No shower that morning! On a closer inspection of the main room I found a several more. When I checked out I informed the manager on duty of my experience and I'm not sure she even believed me. She stated they had just sprayed for bugs 2 days earlier. She offered me no form of compensation, not even an appology. I would not recommend this motel at all and am having second thoughts about Choice Motels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank akbound1
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I stayed here for two nights in November. I was told that the Comfort Inn was nicer than the econolodge, so this was the only other option. The first five minutes I was in the room, a giant cockroach crawled up the wall (and it was during the day!!). Also, the corners of the room (carpet) were dirty, and there was a big hole in the wall next to tv. Half of the lights in room were burned out, but very friendly staff fixed them right away after I called.

On the plus side, beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean, and all of staff was super friendly. Also there was a refrigerator and microwave in every room. However for the price (approx $90/night) I expected to have a cockroach/hole in the wall free room. For that amount this year I stayed in a different small town in a Courtyard Marriott in a superb room.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
Super 8 Charleston MO
Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
#2 of 10 in Sikeston

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!