“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Charleston
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Everything was great. clean and comfortable . people nice and friendly . there is a musty smell to the place but its humid here and crops are all around the place. there is an excellent Mexican restaurant next door .

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel this past week. Made the reservation through a general number we were referred to when we called the hotel.
First, I gave them my email address to get a receipt. No receipt sent, but I am getting inundated with garbage email selling stuff.
Now for the hotel. This is a low grade, terrible facility. The reception area smells like a smoking den. The late night staff was annoyed about me even bothering them. I got a non smoking room, but it must have been a smoking room at one time. It smelled terrible. Turn on the shower and there was no hot water. Once moisture got in the bathroom the smoking smell permeated the entire room. The towels smelled like a cigarette. They do the laundry in the smoking part of the hotel, so all linens and towels reflect the smell.
They shouldn't be in business.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BRM20966

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Fort Mitchell, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Staff rude, breakfast was cold (gravy), hallway smelled like mildew, noise echoed in halls. Restaurant and kids activities do not apply. Security cameras were not all functioning at the desk. Some of the doors requiring a key card would not let you enter (even with the key).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rayswife247
Marble Hill, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

very nice , clean , smell great and all the extras, coffee in room plus micro and refridge,tv, the free breakfast was fine - i missed yogart. king bed 2 adults, been here two other times compares to best westerns 109. room- for only 64. and joined the rewards program.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at Econo Lodge, My mom grew up Charlreston, MO. and her first time back in 40 years, she really enjoyed her stay and breakfast. I must say this is a hotel gets sold out quickly because there are frequent guest passing through for work. These people are happy and enjoying that they have a job to do and just want a decent place to sleep. Econo Lodge was very accomdating. At first I read some of the reviews and got scare, however I was so happy I stayed with Econo lodge because I drove pass one of the other hotels and wasn't please with the appearance. Our room was pleasant with clean crisp sheet and clean room. Sorry people the only thing I have to say is take you some flying bug spray and also NO BED BUGS in our 2 rooms. THANKS ECONO LODGE

Room Tip: If you can look at some of the other hotels around, then make a judgement. Plus always give the Hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Longview, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Staff was nice and helpful.....breakfast was good...room smelled stale and had bed bugs......I got bit and so did my husband....reported it to staff, she seemed genuinely shocked .....no other reports of bugs she said.....this was the first stop of a long trip now we have to worry if we are carrying them to the next motel.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We had reservations to stay at this Econo Lodge during their Cirn festival in 2012. After a long sweaty wait checking in, we went to our room before bringing our luggage in (Thank God). Pulled back the bedspread and there was Bedbugs everywhere. I killed a few and took then up front to the manager. Of course they wanted to talk to me private. Said the will issue a refund immediately and made me reserves at the Drury inn in Sikeston. One month later no refund do I had to call my Credit Card company to help me get my money back. STAY AWAY FROM HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT BEDBUGS

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
Quality Inn
Super 8 Sikeston/Miner Area
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
#2 of 10 in Sikeston

Been to Super 8 Charleston MO? Share your experiences!