All reviewsocean viewcoffs harbourthe sofa bedfull kitchenbeach accessmain bathroomgames roomlong driveheated poolgold coastbedroom villagreat spotself containedbeautiful beachan overnight staybalconytennis
Reviewed November 10, 2017

Have been here several times before when travelling up the coast. It hasn't changed much but it is good for just an overnight stay. The unit we stayed needs a bit of a facelift but it is clean and a nice view of the ocean. Was very surprised with the prices in the restaurant because they are pretty high. More like prices you pay at a 4/5 star resort so thats no good.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2017

I wish I had read the reviews better before booking an apartment here. Even some reviews are superhappy about this place, there are some who are not. It looked to be an ok place, we do not mind that a place is a little run down or a little shabby as long as it is clean and the staff are great. Arriving, the place didn´t look too bad, and the staff was nice and polite. We got apartment number 11, first impression again wasn´t too bad. Then we "moved" in and I do not know where to start my descripsion on this apartment. It was so run down and dirty and discusting. The bedlinen looked to be clean, the towels also, so we decided to just stay the night and leave early in the morning. The bed and bathroom was on the ground floor, the kitchen, dining and balcony was on the first floor. We didn´t want to eat at the resort because our apartment was so dirty. Around midnight a sound woke us up from sleep, we swiched on the light and a huge insect was crawling on the wall above our heads. My husband tried to cath it, but it was superfast and dissapeard under the bed. I stood in the hallway and there a few cockroaches and another insect we didn´t know what was craweld around. It ended with us staying the night in the sofa in the livingspace on the first floor. It is beyond my understanding how a place like this can stay in business. Cleary they have Management that doesn´t care. We do not reccomend this place at all and some Healt Inspectors should pay them a visit soon. I think The pictures will speak for themselves. The beach was nice, that is all.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blackbalder
Reviewed October 29, 2017

We only stayed the one night and we had a 2 bedroom apartment, it was lovely to stay there as it was clean tidy beautifully decorated and presented whow
I dont think we have stayed in such a lovely place for a while
then they had the resturant what woked very well for us and nice food

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2017

I had booked this resort forgetting that our last visit we found many steps to climb to the room.. (my husband is somewhat disabled)when I checked in I asked the lovely reception lady if our room was up many stairs.. she immediately changed our room to a delightful low set apartment with no fuss..
After a long drive we went to the bar and grill and had a really great dinner served by two most efficient young guys and my seared salmon from the specials board was the best restaurant dish I have had in a long time and we do eat at great places.

Room Tip: nice to have an ocean view for the sunrise this morning check on how many stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. As other reviewers started it's tired, run down, dirty, has terribly trained staff and is very poorly managed, in fact there is no evidence of a General Manager at all. There would easily be one hundred issues with the hotel that a competent GM would fix e.g. replacing pots with no handles, cleaning a/c filters, emptying rubbish bins and putting light bulbs into empty sockets (we asked three times over five days to no avail). Housekeeping is not daily, apparently apartments are only cleaned every forth day however on our forth day they refused to clean as we were leaving the next day. We had to demand some kind of service as no facilities for self cleaning were available.
However what really appals me in Australia in this day and age is the complete disregard for guest safety. The first dump of an apartment they tried to check us into was 2 storey (not mentioned on website and less than ideal for a baby who had just started walking). The stair railing had come off the wall and was just hanging there waiting for a disaster to happen. We immediately moved rooms however the staff checked someone into the faulty stair railing room the next day and they promptly changed rooms so another group was checked into that room instead. Other safety issues included my three year old stepping on a rusty nail that was being used to keep the carpet down, broken sliding shower screen doors (in at least two apartments), broken outdoor chairs in the balcony which could lead to guests falling from the second storey, raised screws in the BBQ area flooring which tore open my father's toe. The window lock was broken on a downstairs window so we asked for it to be fixed and their solution was to take the lock off altogether and it wasn't returned with our five day stay. Restaurant wasn't cleaned between dinner one night and breakfast the next day. We had to wash our own cutlery and watch not only customers but staff handle food including bread with their hands.
Overall a nightmare stay and we will NEVER returm. I hope the Aqualuna goes out of business before someone gets seriously hurt or worse.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family