“Exceeded my Expectations - Great Service!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cassville
Royal W Resort Cabins & RV Park
Tulsa, OK
“Exceeded my Expectations - Great Service!”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed at the Royal W Resort in July 2009. I have stayed in many cabins and other accommodations similar to the RWR in the past and this one was comparable to some and better than most. Hmmm. where to begin, so much to say....

LOCATION:
It is located just 3 quick miles from Roaring River State Park - close but not too close.

LODGING:
We stayed in a kitchenette. Each kitchenette is an individual unit - which I liked. No worries about the sound from the neighbors coming through an adjoining wall.
The main room had a bed off to the side, satellite tv, dining table, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, stove and was also equipped with pots and pans and utensils - everything you would expect to find in a kitchenette. There also was bedroom with the 2nd bed that led to the bathroom. Beds seemed comfy - I had no problem sleeping.

CLEANLINESS:
The room was clean. If I had to come up with a complaint about our stay it would be that that it was dated. I don't think that it took anything away from our experience though. As a matter of fact I think it was impressive in a way - for instance, the kitchen was pretty dated but I think that if you find a place with older appliances and they still work as well as brand new ones then that say a lot about the upkeep of the property. Cindy was always very busy turning and cleaning the units. Steve and Cindy told me that they bought the place just over two years ago and that they have many plans for improvements. They have already upgraded many things - I have a feeling the next time I go there I will see even more improvements.

GROUNDS:
There is a pool that is smaller but surprisingly deep - I think it said 9ft. It has a very nice deck around it. Toys and towels were provided - also surprising.
There were nice horseshoe pits and lots of grills available to use. As a matter of fact, Steve had just got done putting the finishing touches on a really nice grill that he built the day we arrived. There were several nice picnic tables located next to the grills.
There were a couple nice fire rings there. Many cabins I have stayed in had grills but did not have fire rings - it is always nice to be able to build a nice campfire at night. One of the best things was the free, yes free, firewood. They had a huge pile cut and stacked available for their guests use. If you are not staying there you can also just stop in a purchase some to take to your campsite. How nice.

HOSPITALITY:
The hospitality of the owners was above and beyond. I skimmed a couple other reviews on here before writing this to see if other people had the same overall feeling about their stay that we did. The one thing I noticed was that everyone referred to Steve and Cindy by name. That is because they make it a point to get to know you and make you feel comfortable.
At night many people were outside by the fire rings and Steve and Cindy came by and chatted with each group just checking to make sure we were all enjoying our stay and our evening. At other places I couldn't even describe what the people who work there look like because you only see them when you check in.
They have fresh eggs from their farm available for purchase - they sure did make a tasty breakfast.
They will tell you when you check in that if you fill out a card with your name and phone number on it they will enter you in a giveaway at the end of their season. You can win a Tom-Tom GPS or an electric smoker/grill. The lady who won the GPS last year was actually staying there at the time we were there - they really give it away, not just put you on a mailing list.
When I arrived I was having A/C problems in my car. Not only did Steve call the local dealership and get me an immediate appointment but he also agreed to lead me to the dealership and drive me back "home" and then back to the dealership later when my car was fixed. What incredible service!

I would absolutely recommend this place. You won't be sorry. Steve and Cindy are the type that you want to give your business to because they very clearly appreciate each and every guest they have.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank salanna

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bellevue, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Just completed our first stay at the Royal W Resort. It was just as it was promoted and it fit our needs nicely. Very economical, clean and located close to the attractions and activities we were interested in seeing and doing. Hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rafe
Peculiar
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed the first weekend in June this year and it was our first stay with Steve and Cindy. We were very pleased with the hospitality, scenery, cleanliness and most of all their attention to detail. If you can believe it, they do provide FREE firewood and that means a lot for someone looking for a relaxing time. They also pick your trash up often. There are privacy sites, buddy sites, BUT are all full hookup, with 20/30/50 amp service.
You must try some of Cindy's Soaps too! They are so soothing and easy on the skin. No harsh chemicals of any kind-and the smell, wow!
I would definitely recommend this resort for all of the above reasons and more. The location is gorgeous. Lots to do in the area as well.
Try it, you'll love it as much as do.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wkndrvers
Oklahoma
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Royal W Resort fit the needs and desires of our entire 14 person party! Each couple/family had their own cabin but were all close together for visiting. Being able to make our own campfire and cook outside was marvelous! We have stayed at the Royal W at least 4 times and enjoy it every time! The quiet serenity and wooded surroundings allows us to totally relax away from the phone and hustle bustle of the city! But, you are close enough to Branson for some wonderful shopping, while the guys enjoy the trout fishing on Roaring River. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone, especially to a large family or gathering of friends.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank familyistops
Joplin, MO.
Reviewed June 1, 2009

A review was posted about this Royal W Resort that can't possibly be the same place we stay. Cindy and Steve, the owners of the Royal W have done everything possible to make this resort a #1 place to stay. The cabins so very clean, bug free (except maybe a fly gets inside when you enter)and very comfortable mattresses. Well stocked with paper towels, TP, and Cindy's homemade soap. Coffee pot, microwave, toaster, pans, every need is there. The beds are freshly made with clean sheets and bedspreads. Our rooms often have the trout bedspreads. We have three more reservations already. The Millers

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank Barrycountynatives
missouri
Reviewed May 25, 2009

One of the last place's my wife and I could find a vacancy for a Memorial weekend spontanious getaway ! The Park was so worth the trip,the lodge provided excellent dining at reasonable prices,and we enjoyed the hiking trails. The owner's of Royal W were very nice,the Cabin,not so ! TO CRAMPED,TO CLOSE TO ROAD,MATTRESS FROM THE 60'S,STILL HAVE WELP'S FROM BEDBUG'S,BACK STILL HURT'S FROM BED , "NO SLEEP" Braved it for two night's,asked for an adjustment on bill to give up third night ,WAS NOT ALLOWED! Packed up and left a day early,JUST WANTED TO GETAWAY !

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paulatpms
Flyfisherman01, Owner at Royal W Resort Cabins & RV Park, responded to this review, May 31, 2009
In response to the May 25th review, here are some facts. The Memorial weekend is a 3 day holiday stay. Every guest is informed of this upon making the reservation. This is why no refund was given back to the couple. Especially after 2 days of staying, and no issues or problems were ever reported. The fact is, our mattress’s were new in 2006, and our cabins are always noted from customers as very CLEAN. No bedbugs have ever been found in the resort. We check for this. The couple did NOT report issues on being cramped or having bedbugs when checking out either. We respond to every customers concerns at the time of the report. So to read this days later on the web is very concerning and unfortunate to us. We do our best every day to have repeat business and happy customers who rebook with us regularly. This is what helps drive our positive customer satisfaction levels. I hope this response helps those existing and possible new customers know how much we care. I hope we get a chance to win back this couples business again.

Steve & Cindy
Owners of Royal W Resort Cabins & RV Park.
Tulsa, Ok
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I just wanted to share an e-mail that I had sent to the wonderful people of the Royal W Resort with anyone who is inquiring about thier place, which is just phenomenel!!!

Hello,

Carmelita here. I just wanted to let you guys know of all places that we
have ever stayed this was by far the best stay that I have ever had. I feel
that not only did we have a great vacation but that we have also gained

two new friends. I really appreciate how you guys went above and beyond
to make our stay enjoyable. Just in case you decide to post this I will follow
with a little about our stay.

We initially had booked our stay for 3 nights and loved it so much there that
we extended it our stay for a week and we have already booked ahead for
next year. Steve and Cindy own and operate the Royal W Resort. Most of
the time when you check into a place you go to your room and that's it,
hoping not to put anyone off with any special needs you need (extra towels,
etc.). I never got the impression that anything was an inconvience. The
Royal W Resort is not ran on "Auto Pilot" like some places can seem. I think
it is great to see owners that seem to actually care about your stay and
accommodations. My husband had stayed there on the previous year before
the whole family had went, just right after Steve and Cindy had bought the
Royal W Resort and when we went as a family he could not believe all of the
changes that had been made. There is much more they are doing and you can
tell as you stay and watch them buzz around taking care of everything. My
kids have even taking a liking to Steve and Cindy and loved their stay at the
Royal W Resort. Yes the pool was a favorite for the kids but they also had
the hula hoops out there for the kids, some pool toys, and the kids took a
little enjoyment in the horseshoe pit. Another of their favorite was being able
to do smores outside with the fire pits that they have with wood right there
for your use. Our family camps out at the lake a lot and it was like being at
the lake with some extra perks with the water slide just down the street along
with the Roaring river, the Drive Thru Petting Zoo, and some other places that
were just a five minute drive. Needless to say whether with kids or without
I think the Royal W Resort is a must for people to give a try at least once for
a vacation. If you chose to check it out their website it does not do it any justice,
and I hope your stay will be as great as ours!!!

THE GRUSE FAMILY
07/15/2008

• Liked — The owners and the location. A lot of things to be able to go do that was not a far drive.
  • Disliked — Can't say that there is anything that I wasn't happy with.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank ntruluv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cassville
Budget Inn Cassville
Budget Inn Cassville
#2 of 2 in Cassville
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Cassville/Roaring River
Green Tree Lodge
Green Tree Lodge
#23 of 69 in Eureka Springs

Been to Royal W Resort Cabins & RV Park? Share your experiences!