“Wonderful Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cassville
Roaring River Resort & Campground
Lenexa
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family has been staying at this resort for over twenty years while fishing at Roaring River. They continually upgrade and remodel, and the place is very clean and comfortable. The new owners are extremely friendly and want to make your stay as great as possible. Our whole family stayed at the resort a few weeks ago to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary, and had a wonderful time as we always do. My parents stay at the resort several times each each while fishing, and feel like it is their "second vacation home".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Sheri U

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The business card says, "Roaring River Resort and RV Park. The website is www.roaringriverresort.com. Lon and Syndi Colvin, owners.

The only problem with our stay was that it was too short! We enjoyed the motel and the area, including the state park, but had limited time to do it.

We had reservations for two "standard" 2-bed motel rooms on the ground level, and were upgraded to adjoining rooms, one a kitchenette, at no extra charge. We parked in front at the breezeway, and walked on one level to the rooms on the second level on the back side.

We had chairs on the deck/walkway facing the wooded hillside. The room's picture window gave the same view.

The kitchenette room had in-room coffee; coffee is also available in the lobby.

There are many options for accommodations in the area. This one should be high on anyone's ppossibilities list.

Room Tip: The back side is away from the highway, and the upper level has the best view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
11 Thank Edge W
Liberty, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We recently stayed at roaring River Resort and just loved it! We have been coming to the state park for years and they have really gotten expensive, so we wanted to try something else. Roaring River Resort is the closest to the park, so that is where we stopped. So very glad we did. It is a great place and super clean, and I can't say that about the state park. The rates are good and in my opinion it is the best bang for the buck. Not overly priced, great location, clean, and very nice rooms. i really like the kitchenette with the cedar tables and chairs. You can tell that the owners take pride and it shows around the resort. It is now known as my "Home away from Home". Cant wait to go back in June!

Room Tip: The kitchenette is my favorite and the adjoining really makes it nice. We will have to try the cabi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank Agnes M
Benson, Arizona
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times in the past mostly with my family. My husband and I would stay here on vacation to trout fish with our kids. He passed away in 2006 so this place holds a special place in my heart. I took my friend JoJo to see it on this trip so she could see where I have so many memories. It has changed owners over the years and has been upgraded a lot but it is still a great place to go to just relax in a quiet place to enjoy family. The staff is very nice and it is very clean and worth the money.

• Stayed December 2012
11 Thank MARILYN M
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Roaring River for 10+ years. We always stayed at the park cabins until about 7 years ago when the cabins we stayed at just were not cleaned. After that we decided to look for another place to stay that was close to the river. We stopped at Roaring River Resort and met Lon and Syndi, they gave us a full tour of the rooms and the cabins. You could tell they are very passonate and very proud as they should be!! Roaring River Resort is perfect, and Lon and Syndi have always have been very accomadating to every request and need. And they are just a lot fun to talk with!! We have been stay at Roaring River Resort now for 3 years and we will never stay anywhere else. We travel to Roaring River 5 to 6 times a year and everytime we go we are excited for fishing and visiting with Lon and Syndi!! Keep up the great work, and please know you both are truly apprciated along with the friendly cleaning crew!!
Frank and Kelly Buccero and Hugo too!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Kelly B
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our first stay here with our friends who come frequently. I now see why they love it so much! Lon and Cyndi and very welcoming and will make sure you have everything you need during your stay at Roaring River. The rooms are very clean and the kitchens are stocked with all the essentials. They have a pool area (seasonal) and we enjoyed the game room which had a nice pool table and video games. Great value for the money! We will be returning for sure!!

Room Tip: We shared an adjoining room with our friends. They had the room with a kitchenette and we had the st...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
14 Thank Lounsberry
Oklahoma
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The roaring river resort has become our new place to stay, in previous years we stayed in the park but decided to try something different and cheaper.. We get the cabins every year, very clean and spacious. I have 3 children so it is very convenient with the pool and playground right by... I don't have to worry about traffic either.. The water slide is right across the street which if you come to roaring river you have to experience the water slide! I have no complaints! We always enjoy our stay!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank Becwright

Been to Roaring River Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!