Heritage Place Inn & Suites
$70
$66
$113
$94
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I have been coming to what was the country hearth with my family for practically all of my life. My grandparents live in Caruthersville, so I am a frequent visitor of what now is the Casino Inn. I used to find the staff warm and welcoming, and loved my stays here. Granted, the rooms were never top notch, but it was close to my family and fine for just sleeping. However, this most recent visit has been a disaster. My mother and I checked in right around midnight on Friday night, after making the thirty-hour drive from California. We were desperate for some sleep, and were greeted by a young boy, probably too young to be working the late late shift at a hotel. He was nice enough, however, the hotel did not have our reservation. My grandfather had come up the week before and made the reservation, and Friday afternoon had come by to confirm our reservation and tell the hotel how late we would be getting in. They told him that everything was set, but as I said, the boy had no idea where our reservation was. He was a bit flustered, and so he offered us a room for $54 a night for three nights. We did not know how much the rates were under the new management, and so of course had not even questioned it. Why would we argue with a rate as low as that?

We got up to our room, and we were disappointed, to say the least. A bit grossed out may be more appropriate. There was an empty carton of cigarettes (in our non smoking room) and candy rappers still in the bedside drawer. There was also minimal towels, no hand towels, only one soap to share between the sink and shower, and the drain on the sink was broken (we had to completely take out the stopper to drain the water).

However, the worst part of the stay at the Casino Inn came the next day. I was having trouble getting my room door open, so I went down to the lobby to get the lady (who I would assume was the mother of the boy who had worked the night before) to rekey my door. Before I could even get my sentence out, the woman shushed me, put her finger up as to gesture to me to stop talking for a second, and proceeded to tell me that she would not talk to me about unlocking the door to my room (that was already paid for) until we had discussed payment. I told her that the room was under my mothers credit card, so I would have to go get her. Long story short, the woman was rude to my mother and I. She explained that "$45 was unreasonable, and not their rate" (though really we had paid $54 and that was the rate her employer offered us without ever a fuss from our part). She basically accused us of arguing the boy down and explained that if we wanted to stay the next two nights, we would have to pay the difference.

I am sorry, but in every business, the customer is always right, and if a company screws up (whether or not the employer was a teenage boy), the company deals with it and does not put the responsibility of fixing it to the customer.

This hotel used to be pretty good, now.... I am really unhappy with EVERYTHING. Now, even though it may be farther away, my mother and I have decided we will stay at a different hotel from now on.

ps: My bagel was stale at breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Rachibaby321
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Update, this dump...i mean hotel wasnt that bad when it was a country hearth, but now it has been sold and goes by the name Casino Inn. I called on a Friday and requested our favorite room...202 for Saturday night. They told me it was not a problem and informed me they could do that for me. Also noticed their rates went up to 75 dollars.grrr. But anyways we arrived Sat afternoon around 3ish and the first thing i was told is they didnt have 202 cuz the people that stayed there decided to stay another day. Was reassured that he would give me a room of comparable comfort. Told him we liked that room cuz it had a sofa and coffee table in it. No problem he says. We got a room with a very holey and worn out recliner, a large table with one chair, and a bed. No remote for the tv. Toilet broke at 3 am. Water went everywhere. Wasnt about to let creepy guy in my room so I went downstairs and used a toilet in the lobby. Deadbolt was broken. Light when entering the room was broken. Soda machine in the lobby was broken as well. Water pressure was a joke. Safety bar in the tub was also broken. So if you like not being able to use your own bathroom and being lied too....enjoy. If not, please avoid the worn out, nasty, filthy, disgusting, by the hour,dumpsite of a hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2008

This hotel looks great from the outside or even the lobby. When we got to our room, we were sure that the cleaning staff must have been on strike. The room was filthy!! There was even curly hairs all around the sink and the sink is not even in the bathroom. The shower mat was almost black with filth and there was so much film on the shower doors you could not see through them. For the prices they charge, you should at least be able to take a shower. The incredible breakfast listed on the outdoor sign turned out to be a microwavable roll or bagel. They did have a waffle iron plugged in, if you felt comfortable with using batter that was sitting out unrefrigerated. Definitely, skp this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank signgal
Reviewed January 11, 2008

If you just want a place to store your gear while you go to the casino then this perfect. The rooms are extremely small. They are clean but be warned this property is not in a good part of town. The one thing I don't understand is why so many motels are reticent to spend a couple of bucks on room deodorizer. Another pet peeve of mine is why bother having a coffee maker and putting coffee in there and then putting 1 bag of sugar in there...I mean what is the point? The staff were quite nice though.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Ozcfied
Reviewed September 24, 2007

It was horrid. The room was hot and damp, and the air conditioner solved neither problem. No one had vacuumed the nasty carpet in years. You could write a novel in the dust along the baseboards. The bathroom had spiders. The sink stopper was broken. The shower doors were stuck, and when forced open showed five pounds of mildew. The non-skid stickers on the shower floor came off. The shower head was crusted over. There was no remote for the TV. The chairs and carpets were stained. They provided one threadbare towel. It was just disgusting.

• Stayed: September 2007