“So so stay”

Heritage Place Inn & Suites
Heritage Place Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Caruthersville
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Great night front desk clerk, Drew, was the highlight of our stay. Room pricy for what you get. Bathroom wasn't clean. The sink stopped up every time you barely turned water on. We had a no smoking room but there were cigarette ashes by the night stand. The coffee pot..worse than yuck. When I told the day clerk (not Drew) upon check out about my issues. I got no apologies. Her comment was I'll write that down, which I didn't see her do.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Terri C

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The property has been allowed to go into disrepair. Our mattress and box spring was covered by plastic and the chair in the room was covered by an old bedspread. The door did not have a security lock. My husband put our cooler in front of the door so that if someone tried to comein we would hear them. The room in general smelled pretty bad and the walls were dirty.

The bathroom, while run down had been cleaned. It was hard to tell because the fixtures were so worn out, but we could smell the cleaning solutions.

That being said, the owners are new to the property and are trying to make changes. They are very friendly and acknowledge the issues.

The proximity to the casino is fantastic. I really hope they can get things straightened out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 31Ford
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Casino Inn & Suites in Caruthersville, Mo was the absolute BOMB. The smell in room was gross, the room was FILTHY, the carpet picked-up hair balls when walking over them, toilet had pubic hairs, etc,etc,ect. This was by far the WORST hotel my hubby & I ever stayed at. WAY over priced for what you get. Stinking, Filthy Place!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here Ever!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SMPRLP
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am giving the Casino Inn & Suites a generous rating of 3 because most of what I expect a motel to have was OK. The bed and pillows were comfortable although the bedding, while clean, was somewhat worn. Lighting and plumbing worked fine. The television, while small and dated, worked fine and there were a lot of channels available. The free internet worked fine. The casino across the parking lot was a plus.

But the negative aspects of the motel started at check in. When I made the reservation (for a Friday night) a month earlier, I was quoted a rate of $54. Upon arrival, I was told the room charge was the weekend rate of $63. I didn't argue the point but I suggest that readers of this review get a firm quote from them. I attempted to make a pot of coffee but when I got everything set up the coffee maker would not work. When I went to pour out the water, a brownish, slimy mix of water and god knows what came pouring out. At that point I was glad that the coffee maker would not turn on. Also, the arms of the chair were worn down to the stuffing. The room, including the TV screen needed a good dusting. I found a dime on the floor next to the bed suggesting that they had not vaccumed the well worn carpet since the last guest left. I skipped the included continental breakfast as it consisted merely of pastries wrapped in plastic and instead had breakfast at the Road House Restaurant on West 3rd Street. The motel in general and my room has definitely seen better days but it served the purpose for one night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank twocars
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a great hotel with wonderful service!!!! Highly recommend this hotel to anyone!! We had great service with wonderful and helpful staff!! Very helpful on room choice with great prices!! Will return again!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brooke C
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Myself and my family have been long time customers of the country hearth inn. I look foward to staying here after a long drive from south Louisiana, Mrs. Soniya is there to greet you with a warm smile and kind words. The jacuzzi rooms are awesome!!! Rooms are spotless clean and price is great. Om and Soniya and there staff will go out of there way to make you feel at home. I would not think of staying anywhere else in this area. Also within walking distance to the Casino, Try it for yourself you will be glad you did!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dan R
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stay at this hotel every time I pass through here for work. Hotel doesn't have everything that a 5 star hotel has but the location is great(across from casino) and the lady who runs the hotel is super friendly. For the price this hotel is everything I need.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Mabrasher7

Been to Heritage Place Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!