“Home away from home”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carthage
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We had a fire at our house and stayed at the Econo Lodge for just over a month. The staff was great and went out of their way to accomodate us and our two dogs. Breakfast was great, our room was clean, and the microwave and fridge were clean and worked well. I wouldn't hesitate to stay their again.

Room Tip: ground floor on the west side was good.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tami H

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was here for 49 days and I don't think there was a single day I was unhappy with anything here.
The staff is awesome and they all treat you like family. My room was clean, smelled good all the time even though I was near some smoking rooms. Was it the Hilton? No, but then again I wasn't paying for the Hilton. I enjoyed my time there and will enthusiastically stay here again. I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Sam M
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Never have seen a dirtier or smellier place. Was scared to put my dog on the carpet. Smelled so bad. Air was on 66 and still warm in room. Front door would not open with a card , was told it could not be fixed until next shift came on duty. Grim on microwave and fridge. Looked like poop on carpet. Big stain on loveseat. This was a suite. We got our money back and left. Went to super8 in Lamar

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Nursie5351
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Windows are there for looks and to keep rain out but not much more, had zero sound deadning ability and this hotel is right off the "expressway". Furniture in room was dirty, laid towels over the seats so I did not have to sit on them.

Lobby and breakfast area reek of cigarette smoke. Since the wi-fi in the NE Building was not working the whole time I was there, was forced to sit in the lobby/breakfast area to work...smelled like I was sitting in a bar. Wi Fi was not reliable. Front desk said they would reset the router, but still could not get access in hotel room.

If I was a smoker, I probably would not have noticed the smell in the lobby, hallways, or rooms...but my non smoking room still smelled like smoke...maybe because the staff smokes in the laundry area where they are washing all the sheets, towels, blankets.

Bright spots, friendly helpful staff, access to highway 71/96, inexpensive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2011

As is said " u get what u pay for" but sometimes u get more than that and as per my experience this place does live up to this exception. It was clean, roomy, well organized, well maintained and the icing on cake with the staff not only courteous but willingly helpful. For the price, location & amenities, don't know if it can get any better than this anywhere else. Hope this helps any future travelers.

Room Tip: Talk to the desk clerk.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nicecupidguy
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel before. This time was very bad. Neither the wifi or the ice machine worked. The desk clerk could not resolve either issue. Breakfast was not good. The carpet had cigarette burns. Find another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bandman7
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Kimmie the front lady person is very nice and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Room was clean. Its close to plenty of restaurants. Its was worth every penny. Only complaint would be our hotel door. It was hard to get open.

• Stayed: April 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carthage
Quality Inn & Suites
Guest House Motel
Guest House Motel
#5 of 6 in Carthage
Grand Avenue Bed and Breakfast

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!