“Mother road trip”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Carthage
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Arrived at 4:30, pleasant employee at front desk, helpful getting us checked in. Spacious room, with comfortable bed and clean crisp linens. Air conditioner a tad bit noisier than we would have liked. Bathroom and shower fully stocked. Location of ice and vending machine were handy.

Breakfast room was clean, well organized, and fully stocked for a healthy start with yogurt. Full breakfast menu with eggs, sausage and breads were available.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gggray17

Reviewed May 28, 2013

For whatever reason, even with the positive reviews that were posted, my husband and I had preconceived notions that this hotel would just be mediocre. The woman who checked us in was extremely kind and helpful and, when I asked for a dinner suggestion, not only did she give me one, but she called to see what was on their schedule for the evening (the Lucky J - a steakhouse and arena). The rooms were nice, updated and clean and the bed and pillows was extremely comfortable.....a HUGE selling point in my opinion as the bed can make or break any hotel stay.

Our room was on the first floor in the wing that goes behind the front desk/office and it had an actual thermostat and not one of those units in the wall. I much prefer that type of heating/cooling as it tends to keep the room at a more even temperature.

I booked through the BW website and received a cheaper rate than they offered to the group that we were staying with.... a plus for me, not so much for the others! That would probably be my only complaint, but it didn't affect me personally so there's not much I can say bad!

Location is easy to find....easy on, easy off.

Overall, this is a great hotel and one I wouldn't hesitate to stay at again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Heather P
Reviewed April 3, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 427TonyS
Reviewed February 21, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel has a booking day for the Marian's Day Event in Carthage, MO every year by calling the local phone number. I tried this method for two years and it didn't work out for me. When I tried to express this matter with the hotel, the lady on the phone was not very polite. And when I suggested that they should have both phone and online booking available during that time period (the Wednesday, second week of January at 6am), she said that "Okay, so we should have it both, so you can blame the computer, and don't have to call us." I would think that this kind of reply coming from a person represent the hotel need to be checked. She needs to be trained again on how to handle customers. At no point in time should a representative talked back to a customer on the phone since the person doesn't know who the person on the other end is and who she is dealing with. I have booked my stay for the event at Residence Inn Marriott at Joplin again and I do not think I will stay at Precious Moments even if they invite me to stay there.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nguy0852
bwpreciousmoments, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for notifying tripadviosr about the problems you experienced with the Best Western Precious Moments Hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

Please take into considertion the large volume of calls we take on this call in day. The phone literally rings nonstop for five hours with all eight of our switchboard lines on hold. We only have two stations at the front desk to take these reservations. All 121 of our rooms sell out in an hour. After that we continue to answer the hundreds of calls still coming in to tell them after being on hold all morning they now cannot book a room. Frustrations run high on both sides. We have choosen not to open up online reservations to be fair to all. Not everyone has access to a computer or the internet.

Again I apologize for your inconvenience and am happy you were able to book accomodations elsewhere as I know all of the surrounding properties sell out for this event as well.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carthage
Econo Lodge
Best Western Big Spring Lodge
Super 8 Carthage
Super 8 Carthage
#3 of 6 in Carthage

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!