“Awesome!”

66 Drive-In Theatre
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Carthage
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the last remaining operating drive-in theaters on Route 66.
Sanjana_proctor
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Movies now days are pretty expensive at 8.00 and more per movie and where they really get you is at the concession stand. I know I have walked out paying 30.00 dollars for one show on many occasions. I cannot believe there are not more drive in theatres throughout america. I absolutly loved this drive-in and we are now making it a every weekend event. First of all u get 2 movies so I ended up paying 3 dollars per movie that in its self was enough for me. I then headed over to the concession stand thinking I was proabably gonna pay a great deal since the gate price was so reasonable, however the prices were more than resonable! I normally pay 9.00 for a popcorn and drink here I paid 3.50 for a large drink and small popcorn the nachos I usually get at regular theatres are a wopping 4.95 I paid 2.25 at the drive-in. I also love the fact that I can bring a lawn chair enjoy the outdoors and not a stuffy crowded theatre hall. I will not go back to any place who has unexceptable bathrooms these bathrooms were emaculate as was the concession area. I know my days at the local thatres are over! You will find me at the drive-in from now on. If u havent tried it make it ur next family outing I know u will love it as much as I have!