“A taste of old 66”

66 Drive-In Theatre
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Carthage
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the last remaining operating drive-in theaters on Route 66.
Carthage, MO
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A taste of old 66”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Just a drive in movie theatre... but one with history. And that makes it cool.

Carthage, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nostalgic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is one of our family's favorite summer activities!

Visited June 2011
Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Look forward to summer just for the Drive-In”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Love this Drive-In!! All the associates are nice and helpful. The movies are awesome and where can you watch two movies for $6 each. Brings back the memories of going to the drive in when I was a kid. My son and his friends love going too.

1 Thank notanokieever
Carl Junction
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Summer Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Great prices all around! Lots of summer fun! Movie price includes two movies and the snack bar everything is reasonably priced and doesn't break the bank!

Sanjana_proctor
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

Movies now days are pretty expensive at 8.00 and more per movie and where they really get you is at the concession stand. I know I have walked out paying 30.00 dollars for one show on many occasions. I cannot believe there are not more drive in theatres throughout america. I absolutly loved this drive-in and we are now making it a every weekend event. First of all u get 2 movies so I ended up paying 3 dollars per movie that in its self was enough for me. I then headed over to the concession stand thinking I was proabably gonna pay a great deal since the gate price was so reasonable, however the prices were more than resonable! I normally pay 9.00 for a popcorn and drink here I paid 3.50 for a large drink and small popcorn the nachos I usually get at regular theatres are a wopping 4.95 I paid 2.25 at the drive-in. I also love the fact that I can bring a lawn chair enjoy the outdoors and not a stuffy crowded theatre hall. I will not go back to any place who has unexceptable bathrooms these bathrooms were emaculate as was the concession area. I know my days at the local thatres are over! You will find me at the drive-in from now on. If u havent tried it make it ur next family outing I know u will love it as much as I have!