“Murals are starting to show their age”

Precious Moments Park
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Carthage
More attraction details
Owner description: A 6,400-square-foot sanctuary containing 52 Biblical murals.
Saint Louis, Missouri
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Murals are starting to show their age”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have been to this attraction a few times. The first was when it was fairly new and then again in 2013. I'm fascinated by the artwork and how meticulous it is. Did notice on the last visit, however, there appeared to be a slight shifting of the work. Hope this can be restored/cured/repaired/reduced. The vegetation during the summer has grown so that the little playhouse, was difficult to see unlike my first visit here.

Visited July 2013

Bentonville, Arkansas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Bucket list checked”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

It was an interesting place, coming to life with the free chapel spokesman, hourly. It was somewhere we would love to take our grand daughters.

Visited September 2013
Randolph, Iowa, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful place to visit”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a great place to visit. We were there on a beautiful (but hot) day and we had a great time. The chapel is beautiful, with huge murals and stained glass windows. There are also nice walking paths and gardens. The museum was neat, too.

Visited August 2013
Washington, DC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Truly unexpected loveliness”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Folks in town might tell you they think its closed, but it is wide open and receiving visitors! We LOVED the Precious Moments chapel. We expected kitsch, (and inasmuch as precious moments figurines are kitschy, we got it), but for the most part, I was very moved by the story behind the artist and his art and the chapel itself. It is of course, very stylized with the precious moments art, but the tour runs every half hour, is free, and is worth a listen, to explain all the art. I only wish this chapel were someplace closer so I could send all my friends to it. Still, I would recommend that anyone go to it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank con_corazon
Sapulpa, Oklahoma, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Inspirational!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Museum and chapel were beautiful. I can not describe how uplifting and inspirational this trip became. So much beauty and History in Precious Moments.

Visited June 2013