“Awesome”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Illinois
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 9, 2007

You will not be disappointed with this hotel. It sits just off the interstate, but you can't even hear the traffic. We've stayed here a couple of times and each time have found the hotel to be spotless, the staff is really friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel any day. J Best Belleville, IL

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Netherlands
Reviewed May 24, 2007

Lodging is rather expensive in Cape Girardeau, but there are no alternative places close by. I asked at several hotels and this one seemed to offer the best option. At least we would have two rooms, a living room and a bedroom. Furniture is somewhat dated; we had no kitchenette, but only a small refrigerator and microwave.

The best part was the manager’s happy hour in de evening, three drinks free for each guest, which included beer, cocktails and wine. The red wine was a Merlot and tasted fine. The barman was a nice and friendly young man, a student; he was also the one who checked me in before. There is a computer with printer available with free Internet. The breakfast was a disappointment, only fat and unhealthy items.

• Liked — The free drinks in the evening
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BA-traveler
Minnesota
Reviewed November 12, 2006

This is a good location for anything you may need to do in the area.

There was a bit of construction going on when I stayed there so I'm sure it's even better than I recall.

Most staff are nice and friendly. The reception/breakfast offerings are very nice too.

• Liked — The rooms are very spacious and the atrium is very inviting.
  • Disliked — I had issues with the front desk clerk, she was hesitant to help me when I was bothered by the construction noise (I was newly pregnant and quite ill at the time)
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here, take full advantage of the terrific food and drink offerings.
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled solo
1 Thank cerealwife
Franklin, TN
Reviewed July 31, 2005

Made camp in Cape Girardeau while traveling through MO. Checked several other hotels before settling on Drury. Initially didn't want to spend the extra, but it was worth it, especially if spending more than one night. We had separate bedroom, so teenage son had pull out sofa and TV to himself. Kitchen was well stocked with dishes, pots, etc, fridge, microwave. Breakfast was very, very good. Only complaint was that the pull out sofa was very, very uncomfortable. It seemed old and in need of repair and new mattress. Again, a bit pricey for just passing through, but very nice hotel.

2 Thank BRMom3
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2004

The hotel's lobby is nice and the breakfast is great, but the rooms seemed dirty. There were cobwebs in the room and the tub was stained...definately not worth the $95 I shelled out for it.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2004

I was in town for my sisters wedding and had made reservations for 2 nights at the Victorian Inn in Cape Girardeau. After having the most awful experience the 1st night (see review I wrote),I checked out early. I called the Drury and explained my situation. The Drury staff went out of their way to find me a room. The staff at the desk even arranged for me to get an early check in. (I was so sleep deprived from the night before I was in desperate need of some rest before the wedding).
The room was great. I had a very comfortable king size bed that was seperated from a large sitting area with a couch and chairs. It was so nice and relaxing, I wish I could have stayed another day. Even the lobby beckoned you to come in, sit down and relax. The free hot breakfast was another pleasant surprise. Not your standard muffin and juice, but fresh eggs,sausage, biscuits, gravy etc.....
The staff was wonderful. What a concept, a hotel that remembers that the gueat is the priority.
I will be staying here in the future.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member