“Great first time experience of a B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Girardeau
Bellevue Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Brian and Linda were very hospitable. My wife and I celebrated our one year anniversary in Cape which is where we met. We had such a nice, relaxing time at the Bellevue. The house was very nice and clean. Brian and Linda took the time to make sure we were satisfied. THe 3 course breakfast was also amazing. Let's just say my wife and I did not need to eat again until dinner after the huge breakfast. Coffee was also great! We would definitely recommend the Bellevue B&B to anyone wanting a nice relaxing trip.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2009

The Bellevue is one of the best B&B's. The hosts were delightful and the rooms are tastefuly appointed with an eye for graceful beauty.
Having stayed in many a B&B we can safely state that the breakfast at the Bellevue is perfect. Thank you for sharing your wonderful home.

Reviewed June 4, 2009

My historian husband and I enjoyed three nights at the Bellevue while on a Civil War trek. The Yorkshire was a well-appointed and comfortable room in a part of town near the river. Some places give you a bed and a meal -- this is so much more; in fact, it is what one should expect from a bed and breakfast. We opt for B&Bs when available and we have found everything from minimalist to overly pretentious. The Bellevue elicits comfortable elegance, our definition of the ideal in bed and breakfast. In adddition to the beautiful home and great location, Brian and Linda are warm and gracious hosts. Though we needed to leave early the last morning with lots of driving and Fort Donelson on the agenda that day, my husband was not willing to miss Linda's fabulous breakfast! As we ate breakfast on the final days of our trip, he would smile and say, "It's not as a good as Linda's!" We also appreciated Brian's recommendation of Celebrations, a nearby restaurant. I enjoyed their food and wine pairing dinner -- exceptional! This is a lovely B&B in a beautiful town, and we consider ourselves fortunate to have discovered this treasure.

Reviewed May 8, 2009

You will not be disappointed with this B&B! Brian and Linda are wonderful hosts - the breakfasts are excellent - the bedrooms and parlors are first class - and the location is ideal.

Reviewed April 27, 2009

After reading all of the reviews, I couldn't help but continue nodding my head in agreement. We arrived close to 10pm but Brian met us and even showed us a tour of the house with its history and didn't seem to mind my partner's questions :-). We stayed in the "Cove" which was beautifully decorated and created a serene atmosphere. It's the first time either of us slept on our first night somewhere "unfamiliar." Linda's goodnight sweets were a an unexpected treat. In the morning we sat on the porch praying the humming birds would stop by and Brian brought us pre-breakfast drinks. I felt like royalty since we were the only ones there (the 1st night anyway). The 3-course breakfasts were out of this world. I just wanted to wrap Linda up and take her back home with me! Brian and Linda are the best hosts... they had a way of making you feel at home and added personal touches to everything they did. I hope we get the opportunity to stay again. The location is ideal - off the beaten path but within walking distance of everything!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I have been staying in this B&B regularly (about once a month) for close to a year. It has very quickly become my favorite B&B (I travel a two state area & stay in many). The personal service is spectacular. Brian & Linda are not my hosts, they are my friends. They have that perfect balance of friendliness/attentiveness and quiet-behind-the scenes attitude that affords their customers time to relax and unwind.
Brian once told me Linda was THE BEST COOK, he wasn't exaggerating! I have yet to have had a single dish that I didn't beg for the recipe. The rooms are so beautiful and comfortable. I could stay there forever. I can't figure out how they do it, but all of their linens are so soft & snuggly.
I have highly recommended this B&B to many friends & colleagues & will continue to do so (at least until they get so busy that I have trouble getting in, haha).

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I have been staying at B&Bs for about 20 years now. The Bellevue is one of the nicest by far. The house is absolutely gorgeous. Brian explained the history of the house and the work they did to it when he and Linda bought it. They paid attention to every detail. There are antique furnishings throughout.

Our room, the Yorkshire, was every comfortable. It has an extremely comfortable bed, two wing chairs, a television and a good-sized bathroom. The decor was well thought out.

Linda's cooking is unbelievable and Brian is a wonderful server. We started with a warm pastry followed by yogurt with fresh strawberries and amaretto infused whipped cream. The main course was an amazing egg with chili dish, accompanied by fresh salsa and sour cream. It was out of this world. We were full the rest of the day.

The house is located close to the Mississippi and the historic downtown district.

Everything about our stay was perfect. Thank you to Linda and Brian.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple