“Not enough stars to express how wonderful!!!”

36 Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I are returning home from celebrating my 60th birthday tonight.This was our first time at 36 Bar and Grill.We had read wonderful reviews and we were not disappointed.The food was superb from the bread to the dessert. We loved the atmosphere and the service as well as the food. Compared to other fine dining places we've visited we found the price to be reasonable. We plan to come back soon! It was definitely worth the trip from So.Illinois.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I had the good fortune to have dinner here on Friday evening after an evening event at the University was cancelled due to inclement weather. It was a fabulous meal in a delightful atmosphere. We shared a 16 oz Ribeye steak with a mushroom demi glaze that was grilled to perfection. It came with garlic smashed potatoes and a truly tasty grilled broccolini. For starters we enjoyed a wonderful mixed green salad, very large cocktail shrimp and the most wonderful creamy squash soup with toasted pecans. It was devine! We would make the trip back just to try other menu items. The service was delightful - attentive and thoughtful!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

We went out just to celebrate a Friday evening. Our server was attentive and informative. The blue cheese croutons on the Bibb salad are a must try! We both ordered the filet, they were cooked perfectly. The filets were exquisite. The entire experience was so amazing we ordered dessert to share. What a great restaurant to enjoy a special occasion! I strongly recommend this restaurant

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 4, 2018

We had reservations to 36 on a Friday night. Even though it was a chilly, wet night the restaurant was busy. Our waiter, Jonathan, was efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and excellent service. We were a party of four and three of us ordered from the specials. My sister and I had the salmon special....best salmon ever....and one of the sides for that was sweet potato, which was the best sweet potato I've ever tasted! My husband ordered the grilled Beeler Farms Tomahawk pork chop. He described it as very flavorful and really liked it. My brother-in-law got the mussels special. He said he'd ordered mussels at many places but never have they been cooked in the creamy sauce like these were and the taste was excellent. My sister and I enjoyed a wonderful bottle of wine (recommended by our waiter)! We would recommend this restaurant many times over for it's food as well as the service!

We really enjoyed our experience here and would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018

We went to dinner at 36 Bar and Restaurant this evening and the food and experience was definitely a 5 star! The place is decorated elegantly with fresh roses in vases and at the table. The staff was very diligent in waiting on us and explaining the menu. My husband had the New York steak and it was the best steak we have ever had; it practically melted in your mouth. The wedge salad and the mixed green salad were scrumptious! The sourdough bread had a coating on the crust that was soooo good. The white chocolate creme brulee was absolute heaven!
The prices are more than a typical Cape Girardeau restaurant but if you don't mind paying more for excellent food, this is definitely the place to go as it was worth it!

Date of visit: October 2018