“Thanks, HIE”

Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I recently had an issue with HIE at Cape Girardeau. You can read my previous review. However, I received a call from them since and they have given me a certificate for a free stay. They had already reduced my room rate for the night I stayed(they didn't tell me that when I checked out), so I feel they've have now gone above and beyond to make it right.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny L
Karla C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you so much for your updated comments. We are so glad we were able to make things right and we hope to see you again some time soon! We promise to make your second stay with us the best it can be.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed here two nights while in town for a wedding, and had a great stay. Staff was helpful and service was great--housekeeper even put ice in the refrigerator for us! Room was clean and well maintained. Bed was so comfortable. We are loyalty club members so stay in Holiday Inn properties often. This was truly one of the best run HIE's we have visited. Hope to stay here again next time we visit!

Room Tip: we were on third floor in king mini-suite--great room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are so glad you found our staff helpful and our service great. We will pass on your great comments to our staff and let them know what a great job they are doing. We hope to see you again some time!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were actually quite pleased with the hotel, overall. The rooms were clean, and the staff was quite friendly! Although we were disappointed that the pool was indoors (we visited in the summer and it was a hot, sunny day) it was clean and quite enjoyable. Further, as soon as staff noticed that we went in with a child, they hurried in to pull out a large tub of pool toys.

The breakfast buffet was very nice, and included a pancake maker--which was much faster and not nearly as messy as waffle makers are. However, after eating I noticed that an employee came in and pushed the trash down with her bare hands. Then she went on to stock plasticware (touching it by the portion that would go in your mouth!), stirred the scrambled eggs, etc. If I had seen that before eating, we would have chosen not to eat. Very disturbing!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thanks so much for your comments on our hotel and staff. We love that you found our hotel and breakfast bar quite pleasing. Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention as well, so that we may address them. We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again some time!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I normally stay at Hampton's. If I've ever had a bad experience with Hampton, the room was free. I decided to take a motorcycle trip to Cape Girardeau and chose the HIE. The building, rooms, etc., are nice. No problem there. But, we were awaken at 2am by the people in the next room that were partying. I went to the front desk to complain and was told another room had also complained. Lady at front desk said she was "calling security" and picked up the phone. About 15 min later the noise was just as bad. I called the front desk this time. After a few min I could hear someone talking in the hall. The conversation stopped and the party went right on as loud as ever. Again, I went down to front desk. This time the front desk lady rode the elevator back up with me. I don't know what she told them that time, but the noise finally stopped. Now here's my rub with HIE. I complained about it when I checked out and I got an "I'm sorry". No offer of reducing room rate or anything. I can assure you if I'd been at a Hampton, the room would have been free because I've had that happen before. I even got a free stay at Hampton because my room was not ready at check-in and I had to wait 2 hrs to check in. Did I expect a free stay from HIE? No, but an offer of 15-20% off would have been nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your comments on our hotel and thanks for staying with us. As per our phone conversation with you, we have and will continue to address concerns like yours. Thanks for bringing it to our attention and we hope that when you are in our area again, that you will stop and stay with us again!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. Friendly staff all around, great breakfast buffet, the 2nd most comfortable bed I have slept on, as were the pillows (the 1st is at Shingles Resort in Orlando, FL). I didn't even use the pillow I brought from home!. Large tub, which is unheard of in any hotel room. Some negatives: Noise from above room. Don't know if they just walked heavily, but could hear them. Lighting in the bathroom was not great for putting on your makeup. There was a magnifying wall mirror, but if you are going to have one, please make it a lighted one. Would really help. Otherewise, a great stay. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Our ropm faced the parking lot so we had light coming in underneath the curtains but wasn't over...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Karla C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thanks for your great comments on our hotel and team. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and especially the breakfast, our comfortable beds and oversized tubs. Also, thank you for letting us know about the noise, lighting and make up mirrors. We will certainly take a look at these items and make necessary changes for the future. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

From the moment we checked-in, we were greeted by friendly, welcoming staff members. Everyone from the front desk clerks, breakfast attendant and the cleaning staff took a great deal of pride in their jobs and the hotel. It truly reflected in every area of this particular Holiday Inn. One of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. I'll be making a return trip!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your great comments on our hotel and especially our team. We will pass your comments on to them and let them know what a great job they are doing. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed there the night before my daughter college graduation. Great location and friendly staff. Very clean. Would definitely stay again. Plenty of parking and looks really up to date. 2 double beds and a pull out sofa.

Room Tip: We stayed on the all suite floor....and you can only gain access if you have a room on the floor. NI...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and taking the time to post comments about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future! Congratulations on your daughter's graduation!