“VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
“VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I (and our canine friend) stayed at the Auburn last night because it was the only nicer hotel with a vacancy north of Memphis due to deplorable highway conditions. We were exhausted cold and bedraggled and 'lo and behold' we found the nicest and most professional staff we have ever encountered. The parking lot was full. One of the men at the desk saw our car circling and came outside insisting we take his parking space! The hotel was spotless with an attractive layout, warm and welcoming decor, very comfortable large room and thoughtful amenities that were not bolted to walls or glued down :). We did not breakfast there but the cookies in the lobby were very tasty. The only downside was the lack of elevator. We would trade an elevator any day for the other rare attributes.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cathdm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We made a RSVP for a second floor inside room but when checking in we found out they had NO elevator.Our RSVP got cheerfully changed to on outside entry first floor room. Our room was motel like with our car backed up right to the door for easy to carry luggage right inside the door. I thought this would make sleep difficult and noise ,BUT IT WAS NOT. We went outside our room down to a door you walk down a hall that leads to the atrium and pool area the pool was open on this Sat. night till 11:00PM(Because of the noise in the pool area I am glad we have an OUTSIDE ROOM AWAY FROM THE POOL) atrium leads to the office area they have complementary milk and cookies. In the morning a complementary breakfast in the atrium 6-10AM. Room is nice with desk /office chair, USB plug-in, micro/fridge,4-cup coffee maker, flat screen TV, lg. dresser w/many drawers. Nice lg. bathroom, ironing board w/iron. Carpet & bath tile dated but the rest of the room clean well equipped and quiet. The bed was comfortably firm but not to firm. We would stay her again. Very nice breakfast in the morning, nicely staffed by multiple people.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool on weekends tend to be noisy with indoor pool by rooms. Pool open till 11:00pm. Sat...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeep057
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We were only in town one night to attend a wedding, the Auburn is very clean and a beautiful place. The staff is very friendly and nice! They have a great breakfast and the price is very reasonable! So if you are looking for a safe comfortable place to stay this is it!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Cr8906
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family and I stayed in one of the suites here for about two months while my husband was working on a film that was being shot in Cape Girardeau this past fall. Staying in a hotel with two small children easily could have driven me crazy, but our suite was so nice and spacious. The hotel itself is in a great location close to restaurants and grocery stores. And, last but not least, the staff was always so helpful and friendly. Our suite was cleaned on a daily basis and always looked perfect when done. When it was time to leave, although ready to be in the comfort of our own home, we were a little sad to go. It had become our little home away from home. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the first suite on the first floor- just to the right of the check-in desk. Very spacio...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank khl221
Saint Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I called and made a reservation. I almost made a registration at another hotel because I love booking online, and this hotel showed no rooms available. On a hunch, I decided to call, and there was a room available. When I called, the representative I spoke with asked for the nature of my trip. I advised her that I was spending the weekend with my family for my birthday. When I got to Cape Girardeau to check in the next day, it actually was my birthday. When I checked in, I guess the reserving agent noted that it was my birthday, because they actually did wish me a Happy Birthday during check in. After taking our luggage to the room, we went out to meet my parents for dinner. When I got back, I saw that there was a birthday card and a bag of candy in the room. This is just an example of how the people who work here go above and beyond no matter how many times we stay here. I am a firm believer of excellent customer service making the difference between an amazing experience and a poor one. I commend Auburn Place in Cape Girardeau for always displaying excellent customer service to my family whenever we visit. We will definitely stay here whenever we come to Cape Girardeau.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, it may be best to choose an outside room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I am frequently in Cape Giardeau and the company I was in town for booked and paid for the room along with a male in our group. At the end of our second day several of us decided to go to dinner together and we would meet in the lobby at a set time. While I was changing there was a knock on my door and it is my co-worker. I was puzzled as I did not tell him what room I was in, nor did we arrive back at the hotel together. I told him I would be just a minute and then we walked down to meet the others. This bothered me so I asked how he knew what room I was in and he informed me that the person who checked him in gave him my room number when he checked in!!! Are you kidding me? This is not ok. When I returned home I called and left messages for the Manager and received no call back. I finally ended up calling their corporate office and talking to their VP of Operations. He did a little investigating and called me back and apologized and was very flustered because it was the hotel manager that give my co-worker this information.! I was stunned. This is never ok. NEVER! This man had no idea who I was and if this was ok to do. He did not call my room and ask me to tell my co-worker my room number, he just took it upon himself to give this information out without any consideration for my privacy or my safety.

As far as the hotel goes. It is clean. It could use a good cleaning of the walls and ceilings! Dust is very visible on dark paint!

The interior rooms are quiet with the exception of the piped music that starts at 7am and does not shut off until 11pm. I had a room on the interior courtyard and it was peaceful. The rooms by the pool seem as if they would be horrible as the pool had screaming children at all hours.

The staff of ladies who checked me in were wonderful and a credit to the company.

This would have to be the only option available in order for me to stay here again. I just do not feel safe thanks to the actions of a very careless manager! His actions alone are the reason for my poor rating.

Room Tip: Request an inside room on the courtyard away from the pool!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank beachgirlinmo
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

My 10 year old son and I stayed here on Nov. 2nd for a swim meet in town. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-55 and is close to several chain restaurants (Red Lobster is about 50 feet away). The staff at the front desk was very friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. Wherever I stay I examine the sheets and the pillowcases. They were spotless and hairless, which seems rare these days. The bathroom was clean and spacious.
The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, but my son passed after having been in a pool all day for his swim meet. There were lots of games to entertain both kids and adults (billiards, foosball, video games, etc.).
We enjoyed a very good breakfast in the morning, which offered of a wide variety of choices including eggs, sausage, muffins, cereal, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit, etc.
If we're ever back in Cape Girardeau, we will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family