“Nice!”

Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We came here as a mystery trip for our older girl scouts, after a hot week of leading day camp. The staff were friendly, courteous, and helpful. The girls loved this surprise camp out! The rooms were clean, comfortable and kid friendly. The swimming pool area was well maintained as well as the game area. Breakfast was a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed at Auburn Place hotel on a roadtrip and were pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff were friendly, rooms very clean, convenient to plenty of restaurants and the mall if you need something. The beds were so comfortable we slept for 11 hours!!! Haven't done that since before we had kids seven years ago. Breakfast was a nice touch as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2012

very nice hotel can not wait to bring my husband and kids next trip! they will love it

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is the ONLY hotel we stay at in the Cape Girardeau area. It's clean, family-friendly, has a huge whirlpool and large swimming pool, full buffet breakfast, comfortable rooms, and has great, friendly staff. It's also in a perfect location within walking distance of several restaurants and nearby shopping. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly if you can't get a room through one of the travel sites. They usually h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I drove to all the properties in the Cape area, all were $112 or up for a double room. Auburn Place offered $80 and had an indoor pool/hot tub! Hot breakfast! Beautiful rooms! When we checked in - I asked is that your best rate? He came back with I can do a room for $65!!! - We took it - they had baked a fresh plate of chocolate chip cookies and had a glass pitcher of cold milk at the counter - talk about comfort!
I was afraid it would be noisy - there were baseball teams staying at the hotel - however, they gave us an outdoor room and there was no noise. Very pleased with the courtesy and the cleanliness of the property. Would highly recommend over the others for a place to sleep and hit the road!

Room Tip: Great place for families with indoor pool and free hot breakfast!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2012

we rented this room through priceline and was told for an extra $12.00 we would be assured of not having to pay for a second night if we left before noon of which we did however acording to management were denied the second night return money because of management., not only this but I caught pumonia and the flu by getting into the hot tub, along the top of the tub their was a 1/2 layer of scum and no telling what all was there,as soon as I seen it I imeadeatly got out dove in the pool to cool down and then went to take a shower, however I couldn't cool down for some reason it was like I was standing in the sun all the time my brother was at the hospital getting test done to him whil I got sicker and begin vomiting, I called my doctor In st Louis and he said from my systoms that I had contatct pnumonia and possible the flu from the hottub, I notifieyed the management about it abnd they said they would have maintaindce check on it however I went back inside the next day the 13 and it still was rectifyed, still nacty and well a muck, as soon as I seen it I got out and jumped into the pool and then headed for a showere however I couldn'd seem to get cooled down, my doctor dr. robery holloway of st. louis told me I have contqatced pnumonia and possible a staff or flu systoms which was very contagious and he ordered me 75.mg of tamiflu to contine to take until I felt better and then my brother JR also came down with some kind of flu systems and was in the bed until today when we both just had to get up and try to start moving around, I have very gross pictures of the hottub but will not post them here until I here from the hotel again, my experience with this hotel has to be the worst of any and I tavel from the east coast to the west and south to the northand never ran into these kind of condidtion it was just plainn nansty=+

Room Tip: do not stay at this motel for your health reason, its pretty nice but the rooms only have 32'...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bobrippee
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Just stayed at the Auburn Place Hotel (used to be the Victorian Hotel) Anyway, very comfortable bed, quiet, clean. helpful staff, friendly .Love the decor and pictures of local sites. Was given perfect directions to one of the sites on one photo, the Bollinger Mill. Was treated very well. Will stay again when in the area. Thanks

Room Tip: King size no smoking
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple