“Decent hotel Very friendly staff.. enjoyed our stay.. The...”

Super 8 Cape Girardeau
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Decent hotel Very friendly staff.. enjoyed our stay.. The ony thing I didnt like was the beds were rock hard ...Other than that good value for the money

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple of months ago and to say I enjoyed my stay is an understatement. I don't know what happened between summer and fall but there is a huge difference. This time I was in a room with a water damaged, bubbled up picture on the wall & water stain on the ceiling in the bathroom. The flat screen TV was hanging on the wall with the cable and plug in cords just dangling on the wall. Not only was it an eyesore but we had to connect the cable to the TV to watch it. Next to the TV was an entertainment center that had nothing in it. Made you feel like you were staying in a remodel project. There was no microwave:( It had a refrigerator but no microwave. the continental breakfast area was dirty and my hand actually stuck to the table when I sat down. The trash was overflowing and there was not as much of a variety of foods as my previous stay. There was no fruit at all. We eat rather early and apparently caught shift change because the man who was leaving hollered rather loudly into the desk area that he had made coffee after he slammed doors, banged around huffing and mumbling and made a poor attempt to tidy things up without tending to the trash or wiping anything off or picking up the trash and discarded roll on the floor. On a positive note, the housekeeping supersedes any place I've ever stayed. The room was immaculate and the pool area was always clean. I had no interaction with the night crew, other than the shift change at breakfast, but the day shift worker both on check in and check out was professional and courteous. We visit the area 3 to 4 times a year and I will probably stay there again to see if it was just a 1 time bad experience or my last experience will be the new status quo. $75-$80 after taxes is pretty comparable for that area and there are plenty of options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good value. Could have had more breakfast items to choose from i.e. bagels, sweet rolls, etc. but overall good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stopped at this hotel after a long day on the road. The desk clerk was very helpful. We were very surprised to find such a nice large, clean room with a large well appointed bath. The mattress was comfortable. We slept well. I woke early and the desk staff pointed me to a nearby park where I had a very relaxing run. The breakfast was average, but the room was a good value for what we paid. Since it was February, no experience with the pool.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau
Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau
Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau
#8 of 10 in Cape Girardeau

Been to Super 8 Cape Girardeau? Share your experiences!