“Bad stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Wisconsin
“Bad stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had 9 rooms booked here, I called before we left for our trip to confirm everything. It took 1hr. & 15 mins to check in at 10p.m. The room was dirty, I thought I was going to pull the faucet right out of the wall. The air conditioner was extremlly loud. B-fast nothing special at all

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayco4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Annapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We came to the area for a family reunion. This was adequate for our stay as we spent very little time there. The temperature was ungodly hot!! The place was clean. There could have possibly been more of a breakfast selection. Perhaps the early birds got more worms. There was juice, coffee, tea, milk. Bagels and some pre-wrapped buns and cereals were the rest of the choices. The pool was clean. My husband took one dip in it!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rtchur
Kansas City, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Contrary to recent TA reviews, this was not a great place for a family to spend the night. To begin with, we arrived after dark and there was no lighting in the parking lot except by the entry doors. With a truck full of gear and two small children in tow, safety and security were real concerns. At check in, I learned that if I wanted to pay by cash, a $25 deposit on top of the room rate and a photocopy of my driver license was required, which they held until morning when they would then give the money back only if the room passed their inspection. So travelers beware if you don’t want to be treated as a second class citizen, bring a credit card. We were given a room on the first floor near the lobby. The room was quiet and we heard no outside noises. The TV and the air conditioner worked okay. However, there were problems in the room itself. The carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed when the room was last “cleaned”. In addition, the bottom of our feet literally turned black from walking back and forth on the carpet. The beds were uncomfortable with razor thin blankets and if one person moved during the night the other one knew it. The bathroom had problems as well. The toilet clogged repeatedly and the bottom of the tub looked like it needed a good scrubbing. With all the issues, I found it humorous that there was an envelope labeled "Maid" on the night stand presumably for a tip. Here is a tip: Clean the room! After all the problems we encountered, we did not partake in the breakfast bar. We had guaranteed arrival with a credit card so we were stuck at this hotel unless I wanted to forfeit a night’s rent and still pay someone else for a room. All in all, this was a very sub-par room at a hotel property that appears to have a great deal of problems.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Firebolt54
Iowa City, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were traveling to Nashville and the rental car was starting to act up. We'd pulled into the area and saw the Enterprise (closed) across the street so thought this would be a great place to stay for the night. It's not fancy, but it was clean and cheap. They only had a smoking room available but it wasn't too bad and you don't notice it after a while and we were tired.

We arrived sometime after midnight and were back on the road in the morning, so we didn't spend a lot of time here, but we did enjoy the continental breakfast. Again, nothing fancy but they had all the basics : cereal, toast, pastry, coffee, orange juice, etc.. It saved us a stop at the golden arches.

The pool was closed for the season so didn't have a chance to use that.

Overall, the price to quality ratio was pretty high and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NightEmber
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

This hotel is great value for the money. The room was clean, had a fridge and a microwave, and was reasonably priced. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. This is the second time I've stayed here, I've been very pleased both times.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

I called and made a reservation for one night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I later decided to add a 2nd day to my stay. I called back and spoke with another staff member. He also was very helpful and friendly. When I arrived the check-in went quickly and again I received friendly service. I received a non-smoking room. It was clean, the bed was comfortable and I had no problems sleeping. The continental breakfast consisted of pastries, bagels, cereal, toast, coffee and juice. If you want something hot you'll have to go out to eat. This hotel met my expectations. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim W
Kaplan, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

room was decent. We had reservations and arrived late, so were tired and beds were confortable. Price was decent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends