Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Torrance, California
“Quick stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here from Friday after noon until Sunday morning. Wow this is a small room. I told my 9year old to put his water in the refrigerator. He says where is it. Well, NO FRIG. We had left over breakfast but no where to put it and no microwave. The shower was sunk in in the middle. I thought it would break in at any moment. The towel lint was all over me after wiping off. The pool was right next to the gas station. They should put up some type of lattice to at least block that unsightly view. Checking out, no clerk. She was busy helping guest way down the hall so I waiting about 10-15 minutes. I do know you get what you pay for. I just didn't think I was paying super-8 prices.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lesa C
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. At Drury Hotels, we offer multiple brands with different levels of amenities for our guests. Our Pear Tree Inns are generally a good fit for our price-conscious guests. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We welcome feedback from our guests and we use your suggestions to improve our brands and service.

Justin Medley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Guthrie, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

We recently stayed here on vacation. The rooms are nice & clean. The breakfast had plenty of variety. Everything went smooth. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank theapalas
St. Charles, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

After making reservations and securing payment at a nearby hotel during the day, my crew was turned away by the night shift due to a communications error and lack of flexibility on the hotel's part. Luckily, the Pear Tree in took them in for much-needed rest.
Carrie took care of our needs despite a few minor issues on our part. Afterwards, when my crew lost the receipts for the rooms that I needed for tax purposes, both Carrie and Hannah were more than helpful in faxing copies to me.
Any time my company has work in Cape from now on, our employees will be staying at the Pear Tree.
Thanks!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BusinessOwner2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

this place looks like time stood still. WE booked it as a group. Thinking Drury company. Should be good.. the rooms are out dated.. no hot breakfast... no refridgeratore, no microwave.. no working ice machine. no laundry room, The towels were hard and smelly as though they had been washed years ago. And the price we paid.!!!. not worth it all. I felt riped off... low grade motel is what I would call it. Dont spend your money.. go to the Drury across the street. Much much better. Will not return to this place. Do not recommend it at all !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. At Drury Hotels, we offer different brands to meet the different needs of our guests. Our Pear Tree Inns are generally a good fit for our price-conscious guests. We are sorry to hear that our location did not meet your expectations. We welcome feedback from our guests and we use your suggestions to improve our brands and service.

Justin Medley
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

We decided to spend the weekend after dropping our daughter off at college. The Pear Tree Inn is conveniently located near scores of great restaurants in a nice area of Cape Girardeau. The front desk personnel were very congenial and accomodating. The pool was very clean and relaxing. We were pleasantly surprised that the nice breakfast served in a nice eating area was part of our package. It was a pleasant affordable stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fivebelles
Davenport, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2006

I enjoyed my stay at the Pear Tree Inn in Cape Girardeau, MO. I was driving from Mississippi to Iowa and needed a place to spend the night. After surveying the hotels in the area, the Pear Tree Inn had the best offer for me. The room rate was reasonable and the hotel had the amenities I was looking for: complimentary breakfast, and free wireless Internet. The only thing missing was an exercise room, but since I was only going to spend the night and had no time for exercise, that was fine. There was also a nice outdoor pool which unfortunately I wasn't able to use. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The bathroom was also well kept and neat, although a bit tight. The staff were friendly and helpful, and had a no-nonsense approach so they were easy to talk to. Overall a great experience and I definitely would recommend this hotel for travelers in the SE Missouri area.

• Liked — clean rooms, free breakfast and Internet
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Joe_Martin516
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2004

The hotel looks nice from the outside, but when you get to the room you can really see its age. Aside from the room, I saw two roaches crawling in the hall by the soda machines...really disgusting. I was only there for one night, but I'll be sure to avoid it in the future.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member