“A taste of Italy in the mid-belly of the US”

Bella Italia Ristorante
Order Online
Ranked #10 of 169 Restaurants in Cape Girardeau
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2018

On N. Spanish st., just a block or so from the riverboat docking site, is a stretch of restaurants, cafes and shops, among them Bella Italia. It is a classic trattoria, with red and white plaid table cloths, hardwood floor and a menu that includes soups, salads, pasta, pizza, steaks, chicken and a good selection of beer and wine. It is open every day, with longer hours on Friday and Saturday. Prices are moderate.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

We went here Sunday afternoon after a hard day of work and we were hungry. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable when we asked about the food. The bread served warm with olive oil was excellent! We had a pizza, lasagna and another pasta dish with artichokes, chicken , tomato and olives. So good!
Definitely will return for another meal and will recommend it to family in the area.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Their homemade bread is delicious! Our family tried the chicken alfredo and meat lovers pizza. Both dishes were fresh and delicious. Will definitely be back. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Ordered the pasta in spicy vodka sauce and was unable to eat it due to the heat. I have had vodka sauce many times and I like spicy food, but this was way, way over the top. Maybe it was just a mistake on my order, but it was still inedible.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 20, 2018

My wife, father-in-law, and I were getting together with a group from out of town. Since business was going to be discussed, we wanted to eat/meet somewhere that wouldn't be overly loud. I'd never eaten here before but I was not disappointed.

Our server was attentive and she gave us time to look over the menu after we'd ordered the fried spinach artichoke balls (which were great). Everyone seemed to enjoy their entrees. I had the seafood cannelloni, which I would get again.

I noticed gnats were flying around in the dining area. I understand that it's hot outside and gnats can be an issue anywhere but that is slightly annoying.

Everyone had dessert and my father in law ordered coffee with his. He must have forgotten that he'd asked for it, and I mentioned to my wife when I got home that he never got his coffee.

Overall, it was a good visit. I'd go here again.

Date of visit: September 2018