“Good Food, Friendly Service”

Bella Italia Ristorante
Order Online
Ranked #10 of 169 Restaurants in Cape Girardeau
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2018

My wife, father-in-law, and I were getting together with a group from out of town. Since business was going to be discussed, we wanted to eat/meet somewhere that wouldn't be overly loud. I'd never eaten here before but I was not disappointed.

Our server was attentive and she gave us time to look over the menu after we'd ordered the fried spinach artichoke balls (which were great). Everyone seemed to enjoy their entrees. I had the seafood cannelloni, which I would get again.

I noticed gnats were flying around in the dining area. I understand that it's hot outside and gnats can be an issue anywhere but that is slightly annoying.

Everyone had dessert and my father in law ordered coffee with his. He must have forgotten that he'd asked for it, and I mentioned to my wife when I got home that he never got his coffee.

Overall, it was a good visit. I'd go here again.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

My sister & I selected this restaurant as we were passing through town. The bread is a great big roll, which you tear off your bite and dip it in The olive oil. We only ate half of it and we love bread. It was delicious. We both ordered the lobster bisque. It is cheesy and very good. Salad was good. She ordered the lasagna and liked it. I ordered the spicy sausage risotto bites. They were good. We agreed we would eat here again should we find ourselves passing through and want Italian. We went about 2:00 so they were not busy and service was good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We were visiting my wife's cousin and went to eat here. The food was good under a nice covered patio that is pet friendly which accommodated all of our needs.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Was traveling through Cape Girardeau.
I was pleased with the quality of my food, the ambiance of the space.
The wine selection, for a reasonably priced restaurant was good.
I had pasta with spicy vodka sauce and chicken.
I was traveling alone , so sat at the bar. Nice space. The bartender was a young woman who was very pleasant and attentive

If I were to make one suggestion it would be that the ‘add on’ of chicken to the pasta was an extremely small amount. The cost was cheap, at $1.95? I think. If the amount given was the standard amount for the price, bump the price up a bit and give a decent amount

Would visit again though.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Even my daughter requests to eat here! Cant get enough of the bread and oil dip!! Kids love drawing on the table while Mom and Dad enjoy a glass of wine =)

Date of visit: April 2018