“Best Italian in town!”

Dining options: Reservations
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Best Italian in town!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love their food and the cozy booths. Nice selection on wines as well:) They also have a very nice outdoor patio area to enjoy during the warm months:)

Kuttawa, Kentucky
“Shrimp Scampi????”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Four ladies for a girl's night out. We love Italian Food. We left most of it on the table. Bread served with olive oil, parm cheese & pepper. Oil was tasteless...could only taste the cheese. I ordered Shrimp Scampi $16.95. Served on a plate, and not in a bowl, and the plate had frozen vegetables which covered half the plate that were bland. The angel hair pasta which was supposed to be in a lemon garlic white wine sauce had absolutely no flavor except a small hint of burned lemon. The shrimp were covered in shaved parmesan cheese....a no no. Seafood pasta is not intended for cheese. Some people do like it though, but please ask before you put it on a plate. No garlic flavor at all...no sauce. Pasta was dry. I couldn't eat it. One of the girls got a Chicken Ceasar Salad....chicken was cold as ice and appeared to be boiled. Other two got salads. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant, but if I had to, I would choose pasta with marinara sauce. I saw some other patrons plates and it looked decent. Overpriced for food cooked without talent.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank LuvRaccoons
Mattoon, Illinois
“Nice place, good food, and quite enough to have a conversation!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Often times popular restaurants end up being rather noisy. Sure, you can enjoy the food but good conversation becomes difficult (especially if one or more in the party are hearing impaired). My wife and I have visited this place only once (on a weekend getaway) so I can't testify to what the place is like at other times but the Sunday evening we were there was quite enjoyable - although well attended, it was not noisy - perhaps due to the somewhat spacious interior.

This particular evening we weren’t especially hungry so we did not order any entrees but rather just had appetizers and a dessert; we shared each. The appetizers consisted of bruschetta, toasted ravioli, wedding soup and apple pecan salad. Dessert was a cannoli. The food was very good.

A very enjoyable time at a cost of $44.00 including tax and tip. We plan to eat here again should we happen back this way.

• Visited February 2012
Mayfield, Kentucky, United States
“Come back ol' folks please!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Bella Italia was always a great place to eat when the elders of the family was running it. My last visit, was awful! The place had only 4-5 tables full at 6:30pm and 3 were already served, yet my table had to wait wayyyy to long to get taken care of. Lots of young people standing around though. Was served less than a half of glass of the WRONG wine. Was told if I ordered another beverage, they would pour me more. I ordered the beverage, my friend an extra Sprite, and then was told "sorry my wine pour was their normal pour." Food finally arrived.....ICE COLD. It was promptly returned, and in about 10 minutes my server returned to ask me if I wanted a "NEW" dish or my returned one warmed up. REALLY, REALLY ??? The manager came over to discuss the cold food and wine request, and had taken 20% off the bill.
OK. so when I tip my server 20% I have gained nothing. ( No tip on this trip ) I told her all I really wanted was a go box so I could leave. She brought the boxes, but no one returned to take my money, so I went to the bar to pay where they were very reluctant to take it there.

Bella, you were great in your day, but it seems you have passed away. I won't be back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Metty M
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The first time I went there on a date, the second for a bachelorette party meal, the third was a rehersal dinner, and the most recent trip was with a group of friends before going out. It was perfect for every ocasion. The food is delicious, I recommend the lobster ravioli! The service was also very good!

• Visited November 2012