“Great Stay”

Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay at the Candlewood Suites for nearly two months for work. Let me tell you that you will never find a more attentive staff than the one here. The room was very clean just like the rest of the hotel. The same day dry cleaning service was perfect for my busy schedule. I would recommend anyone going to the Cape Girardeau area to stay at this fine establishment.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Matt H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Rhodewarrior51,

Thank you very much for your feedback in this online review. We are very glad to hear you had a great experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Cape Girardeau.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was wonderful and the guy at the front desk who checked me in was very professional and prompt. The rooms were excellent and had their own little kitchens that I was able to use on my stay. They provided utensils and plates and bowls. It was great and I would recommend this place for anyone traveling on business. Our company will definitely be using them more often for our trips to Cape Girardeau.

Room Tip: Definitely request the non interstate side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

William H,

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us while traveling on business. Our guests really love the full kitchens we provide in every Suite and we try our best to make it your home away from home while traveling for business or leisure. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Being a brand new property has its immediate advantage over some of the less desired hotels in this city. The staff was friendly but you can tell they're still getting their feet wet as they don't do a lot of the little complimentary things like leaving messages that you have mail or recognizing IHG members. The hotel is close to the mall and adjacent to a new convenience mart/restaurant that definitely put it at the top of the list in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Matt H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Rich G,

Thank you very much for the feedback in your online review. I will be sure to pass your comments along to my Team so we can work on improving some of the areas you mentioned. We are very pleased that you had a great experience at our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel has got to be in my top 5 for comfort, the mattress, sheets, etc were top notch. Has a little kitchen which was nice but didn't use. Missing was breakfast for free, but hey the free coffee was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mustachemark1
Matt H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

mustachemark1,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad that we are rated in your Top 5 for comfort! Our guests really enjoy our Serta Mattresses and we are glad you did too. Please come back anytime and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed over the weekend and had a great experience. The hotel is in a nice quiet location but not far from the Casino and shopping. It is a newer hotel and the staff is very friendly. I called before I arrived to make sure that the room were interior corridor and asked about local things to see and do. They emailed me an list of events for the time I was there. Again very nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Shellywms,

Thank you very much for the feedback you have provided us in this review. We are pleased that you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. I will make sure to pass your comments along to my Team.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had a weird occurance trying to book this motel, but the stay was great.

It was a busy weekend in Cape Girardeau because it was Family Weekend and Southeast Missouri State University. We waited until the last minute to try to get a room. After looking thru Tripadvisor.com, it showed Candlewood as having 3 rooms available....1 regular room and 2 suites. But instead of booking the room online, I called the hotel direct because I had a question. I found out by calling that they actually had no rooms left, so I hung up. I then got back online and it showed 2 suites still available so I booked it. From that point on, the stay was very nice.

The suite was big, nice and new. There was a kitchen area with stove, microwave, full size fridge and a pantry. There was also a counter big enough for about 5-6 people to eat at. The main seating area had a small love seat and a recliner and tv with dvr player. The bedroom was seperate and had a door to close for privacy. In the bedroom was a nice king size bed and tv along with a small closet and makeup desk. (this was nice as my wife didn't have to put on makeup while I was showering and trying to use a foggy mirror). The bathroom was more spacious than the normal hotel bath but had the normal bathroom amenities. Also the shower head was high enough for me. (im only 6', but most shower heads hit me in the face or chest.).

The only downside was very, very minimal, but I feel I should mention it. The heat/ac is in the sitting room. THere is not one in the bedroom. But to fix this issue, a hole was cut in the wall (out of the way) and a fan put in the wall to pull the air from the sitting room into the bedroom. Although this worked perfectly fine, it seemed a bit out of place in the nicely finished suite...almost like an after thought. But this would not deter us from staying here again.

All in all, out stay was very nice and enjoyable.

Room Tip: My review is of the 'suite' not the regular room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Matt H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

semoguy,

We Thank You very much for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am not sure why the hotel was showing we were sold out and online was showing 2 rooms available. I can assure you I will look into that to. We are very pleased that you had a great experience with us and enjoyed our One Bedroom Suite. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was a newer property and was perfect on my travels through on I-55......great location, staff was very friendly, the room was spacious and clean...there were many chains (sit down and fast food) nearby....discounts were even available at a few sit down places.....the bed, linens, and pillows were amazingly comfortable....the ONLY things that I did not like was being on the bottom floor, I heard ever noise from the floor above...and the air never seemed to cool to the temp I set it for...other than that, it was a great place!! I would definitely stay here again when traveling through...

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

hallfamilyx,

We appreciate the feedback regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites. I am sorry that you heard noise above your suite from being on the first floor. Unless a guest requests first floor, we always try our best to put the arrival rooms on the higher floors unless we are sold out. I am very glad you enjoyed everything else about your stay and we would love to have you back with us again!