“Don't believe they're going to charge you what they say they will.”

Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The only service I used and was pleased to see was free laundry (not detergent). They did not have a standard room so they said they would give us a suite for the same as a standard. They not only charged us for this suite but they charged us a $50 theft charge and I didn't even take a towel!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Patrice C
IHGCare, IHGCare at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Patrice C,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Pleasantly surprised! This will now become my "go-to" place when staying in Cape Girardeau. Spacious, clean rooms, and fully furnished. Front desk clerk was great! As was housekeeping staff. Very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
MatthewH072, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

60BeachBum,

We really appreciate the feedback regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites in Cape Girardeau. Our goal is for every guest to have a great experience. We hope to see you again soon if you are ever back in Cape Girardeau, MO.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel is nice but the people working there make it horrible, the front desk clerk Billy is extremely rude & unprofessional. I.would not recommend that hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
CandlewoodCapeGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Robert,

I am very sorry that you recieved horrible service from Billi at the front desk, and I can assure you I will address this matter with her. The experience you had with her that day, does not reflect the service of my entire team.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

While recently traveling I stumbled upon the Candlewood brand, and now that I have found another great property, I will look regularly for this chain. The hotel staff was great, and just like my last Candlewood experience the room was immaculately clean. I normally drive to/from St. Louis, but now that I have found this reasonably priced hotel, when my travels bring me to Cape Girardeau. This property is new, and extremely well upkept. The selection in the hotel convenience store was great for the midnight munchies. The hotel has the impression of being away from all in Cape, but it is only a mile down Mt. Auburn Road from just about anything you would need while traveling.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
CandlewoodCapeGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Chris,

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Candlewood in Cape. Come down from St.
Louis and visit us anytime! Our doors are always open! Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at here on new years eve night so that we could drink and not have to drive home. It was wonderful, spacious. I was a little disappointed that there was no continental breakfast but they did have a concession room you could buy food from. The beds were super comfortable and everyone was super nice. It was winter and the jacuzzi was outside which was awesome. Would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
CandlewoodCapeGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Abby,

We are very glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed New Years Eve with us at the Candlewood. Sometimes the colder it is outside, the better the jacuzzi feels! Thank you for your feedback and come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I requested a quote for a nights stays at the Candlewood Suites on May 8th and was greeted by a mature lady who had to drop a phone call to attend me at the desk ..

I was made to feel unwanted and attended by this person with a cool and unfriendly attitude .
I was quoted $109.00 plus tax .
I mentioned my membership of AAA .
I was provided with the answer of a 10% discount for AAA , reducing the overnight stay cost to $99.00 plus taxes .
My bill did not include the AAA discount , our bath had hair on it , paper on the floor and
a very noisy hotel with doors that banged loudly . Not happy Australian visitors .
I mentioned that I had AAA , and sought discount

Room Tip: I dislike dishonesty , check and double check bill before departure and an unclean room is disrespec...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank climax46
CandlewoodCapeGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Climax 46,

I want to first off appoligize for the billing issue that you encountered at my front desk. I spoke with my front desk associate about her service when you checked in, and I can assure you that service and friendliness at my hotel is top priority. Also, I am actually the one that checked you out yesterday and even though you could not present your AAA card, I still gave you the discount which was more than 10%. I also want to appoligize for the room problems you encountered as well. As you can read from the reviews below, cleanliness is also very important to us. If myself or my team would have been aware of any of these issues while you were here or at check out, we would have immediately corrected any problems you may have had. I was not aware of any issues until I read this survey.

Thank you for the feedback. Hopefully you will give us a second chance here at the Candlewood if you are ever back in the Cape Girardeau area.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a new hotel right off the Interstate. We stayed in a King Suite with 2 kids and it was like staying in a cleaner version of home!! Full kitchen, friendly staff, lots of nice places to eat in Cape Girardeau. We were only stopping for the night while traveling, but it was a great experience. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
MatthewH072, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

AnnIowa,