“I loved it!!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“I loved it!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at here on new years eve night so that we could drink and not have to drive home. It was wonderful, spacious. I was a little disappointed that there was no continental breakfast but they did have a concession room you could buy food from. The beds were super comfortable and everyone was super nice. It was winter and the jacuzzi was outside which was awesome. Would stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
CandlewoodCapeGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Abby,

We are very glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed New Years Eve with us at the Candlewood. Sometimes the colder it is outside, the better the jacuzzi feels! Thank you for your feedback and come stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Da Nang
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I requested a quote for a nights stays at the Candlewood Suites on May 8th and was greeted by a mature lady who had to drop a phone call to attend me at the desk ..

I was made to feel unwanted and attended by this person with a cool and unfriendly attitude .
I was quoted $109.00 plus tax .
I mentioned my membership of AAA .
I was provided with the answer of a 10% discount for AAA , reducing the overnight stay cost to $99.00 plus taxes .
My bill did not include the AAA discount , our bath had hair on it , paper on the floor and
a very noisy hotel with doors that banged loudly . Not happy Australian visitors .
I mentioned that I had AAA , and sought discount

Room Tip: I dislike dishonesty , check and double check bill before departure and an unclean room is disrespec...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank climax46
CandlewoodCapeGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Climax 46,

I want to first off appoligize for the billing issue that you encountered at my front desk. I spoke with my front desk associate about her service when you checked in, and I can assure you that service and friendliness at my hotel is top priority. Also, I am actually the one that checked you out yesterday and even though you could not present your AAA card, I still gave you the discount which was more than 10%. I also want to appoligize for the room problems you encountered as well. As you can read from the reviews below, cleanliness is also very important to us. If myself or my team would have been aware of any of these issues while you were here or at check out, we would have immediately corrected any problems you may have had. I was not aware of any issues until I read this survey.

Thank you for the feedback. Hopefully you will give us a second chance here at the Candlewood if you are ever back in the Cape Girardeau area.
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a new hotel right off the Interstate. We stayed in a King Suite with 2 kids and it was like staying in a cleaner version of home!! Full kitchen, friendly staff, lots of nice places to eat in Cape Girardeau. We were only stopping for the night while traveling, but it was a great experience. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
MatthewH072, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
AnnIowa,

We really appreciate the feedback regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites in Cape Girardeau. Our goal is for every guest to have a great experience. We hope to see you again soon if you are ever back in Cape Girardeau, MO.
Lillington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 1, 2012

THE STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. We stayed here for almost 3 months on business. And they were so helpful with anything we needed. Mrs. Billie and Mrs. Sandy were always friendly. The rooms were very clean. The pool was great. we worked nights and they let us use the bbq area when ever. There was about 50 of us staying there. And the staff would fill the downstairs pantry with anything we asked. They even bought puppy treats for our little guy. This is one of the best places we ever stayed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
cndymcconnell,

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I had a great time when we stayed here. The staff was very friendly, especially the lady at the front desk- Stephanie. She was very helpful when my brother and I checked in. The room was very nice and comfortable!! I recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caleb P
Caleb P,

Victoria, Texas
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The only complaint i could possibly have, is the hot tub was too small. The indoor pool was nicely sized, heated even. The BBQ area is a decent size. The laundromat was nicely sized as well. But there could have been a few more washers and dryers. The staff (Ms. Billi Taylor and her fellow employees) were more than courteous enough to help us with anything, even storing my sons power wheel car behind the desk until we could get it all packed and such. The rooms were quite clean, the bathrooms were nicely stocked. The pantry downstairs was well stocked, and decently priced.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathon M
MatthewH072, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Jonathon M,

Saint Louis
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This hotel is fairly new, less than two years old. I have stayed there over 100+ days in the past 2 years. It is an extended stay hotel, so don't expect daily housekeeping, which offers suites (some one bedrooms, but mostly studio suites with a king or 2 queen beds) . Every suite has a desk, recliner, full kitchen, refrigerator with ice-maker, stove, dishwasher, and utensils. Its location is right off exit 95 on I-55. It has a pool, weight room, free laundry, patio, hot tub, fully stocked pantry, and business center.

The front desk is very professional and helpful, expecially Billi the front desk supervisor. On numerous occasions they have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and to ensure my stay is comfortable (I personally like the studio rooms with 2 queen beds facing away from the highway, closest to the hallway ends).

I am a Platinum Royal Ambassador with the Intercontinental Hotel Group (Candlewood Suites is one of its brands) and I do receive the appropriate benefits when I stay.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is currently being occupied by local university students.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business