“Nawlins style food”

Broussard's Cajun Cuisine
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Authentic Nawlins style food. If you know what NOLA is then you will enjoy the food here. Portion size is like NOLA too!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Have been at this particular restaurant several times. Always enjoy the food & service. Atmosphere needs a little work, but great food. Even though I am not impress with the atmosphere we will be back.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit to Broussard's. The service was great and so is the food. I would recommend this place to any visitors to Cape Girardeau or the locals as well. The atmosphere is pleasant and the servers are very friendly.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Service here is always good! Staff is friendly and the prices are good. The stir fry dinner is really a treat but kind of a big order and hard to be able to eat it all. I haven't found anythere here that isn't good. Bread pudding is to die for!!!! So is the gumbo! My favorite is the red beans and rice and is usually what I order. Also love the large serving of cornbread you get with this. They have the best salads in town!!! The only place anywhere where I will eat a crouton. Most are too hard. These are wonderful. The ONLY downside to this restaurant is the bathroom. It needs to be torn out and completely re-done. OR have a nice one for the day time crowd. I guess if you're there late night and drunk, you won't care how it looks or smells.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

When I rate a place like this, I try to be fair as do most. So I'll start off by saying service was pretty good. Our server was friendly and knowledgable. She informed us that étouffée was a blonde not dark color as most are and proceeded tell us about the specials. I had the blackened sirloin w/veggies and a cup of gumbo. The steak was seasoned nicely but arrived room temp. while being on a black sizzle plate which was also room temp. Gumbo was also seasoned nicely.

My wife had a combo with chicken étouffée, red beans and rice and jambalaya. Red beans and rice had a nice flavor. The chicken in the étouffée tasted frozen and was dry while the rest tasted like Chicken a La King and the jambalaya was some over cooked rice with a glob of tomato sauce with sausage over it. So overall my experience was not that great and understand we all have different flavor profiles but most of the items I mentioned needs some attention. Not sure if I'm in that area again I will stop in. As someone else mentioned the bread pudding was pretty good.