“Professional team of employees in every sense of the word.”

Oak Hill Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canton
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Professional team of employees in every sense of the word.”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

As retired seniors who enjoy traveling my Wife and I look for comfortable, clean places that are priced right and we found this to be the case in the Comfort Inn in Canton, Missouri. We found all their staff to be exceptionally well trained in the art of catoring to the traveling public. With the current scare on the news concerning bugs in hotels and stores I found it most interesting that Comfort Inn sends their managers to school to learn what to watch for and how to train their staff to eliminate any potential bug invasion. We found this Comfort Inn to be quiet, well furnished and very clean. The performance of the staff is a direct result of the professional leadership of the manager Tina Uhlmeyer. This facility and it's entire staff is what brings the traveling public back time and again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobnjoan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2008

We had to make a quick trip from Ohio to Missouri as my aunt was killed in a trajic accident. My husband is disabled and unable to lay down in bed comfortably. The staff and management went out of their way to accommodate us in any way possible and eliminate additional cost to us.

They showed deep concern for us and treated us as though we were family and we could tell they honestly cared about us. I don't know if I'll ever have an occasion to stay in the Canton area but if I ever need to there is NO DOUBT I will stay with them. I have never been treated as well in any place I've stayed anywhere in the country. And I have travelled on business quite a bit. They made a deep impression on both of us that will remain forever.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EPOhio
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We spent two nights (Sat & Sun) on the second floor of the Comfort Inn. I would not recommend that floor if you are not a smoker because that floor smells bad. Half of it is smoking and half is non-smoking, but the entire floor smells of smoke and you notice it the moment you walk off the elevator. We asked for another floor, but were told that nothing was available. On the second night of our stay, there weren't hardly any others staying at the motel. Other than the smell, everything was good. The breakfasts are very good, with a good variety of breakfast items. The pool area was very clean.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — The smell of smoke
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank UKCatsMom
Athens, PA
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I've just been back for the fourth year running to this hotel. Each year the experience gets better.

All the staff, from Manager Tina and her daughter Melissa down, go out of their way each year to welcome me and to make my stay most happy and pleasant. The hotel is comfortable, well equipped and spotlessly clean. It has an inviting swimming pool and guest internet access, and offers a tasty and pleasant breakfast.

My only quibble is the size of the Comfort Inn cereal bowls: medium sized thimbles! This year I brought my own bowl!

I'll be back as often as circumstances permit.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Guestspeaker
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Stayed here on the road trip home. We got in at 9 pm and are leaving at 7 am so I can't speak to Canton as a destination, but the hotel is in a great spot if you're driving home and need a place to stop for the night.

The room felt fairly fresh; nothing worn or too dated. There were some cleanliness issues with the bathroom (housekeeping missed some body hair around the floor) but nothing that would make us run screaming.

The front desk was friendly. The bed was comfortable; it was in the middle of the road as far as firmness.

The hotel does have a pool and hot tub. We didn't try either of those although the pool did look clean and inviting. The pool did smell rather chlorinated.

I would stay here again if needed.

• Liked — Clean bed; free internet
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alba_Di_Autunno
Ames, IA
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Very nice clean hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Canton has a lock and dam with a ferry crossing the Mississippi. Very nice to visit with family while daughter attends Culver-Stockton College.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank LesAmes_IA
Miami
Reviewed October 12, 2006

My husband and I,with our 2 kids had been traveling for 11 hours when we stopped to sleep. For us on eastern time, it was 11:30 pm. We checked in to 2 rooms. The gentleman swiped the cards and gave us our keys. We proceeded to the room and since we needed to get an early start, we went right to bed. Approximately and hour and 15 minutes later, while we were deep asleep, we got woken up by the front desk demanding that we come downstairs to swipe the credit card again. We told the man that we were sleeping and that we would take care of it in the morning. He said that his manager, Tina Uhlmeyer, had told him that he needed payment and we could not take care of it in the morning since they could not trust us and we could walk away. They already had our card number from the other room. I had to get dressed, come downstairs at 1 in the morning so that he could swipe the card again. It swiped perfectly fine, obviously not a problem with my card but with the staff.

I have traveled 50 states, I visited 14 states in this current summer trip and never have I experienced such poor hospitality. I came down in the morning to ask to speak with the manager. She was very and rude. I would hope she would take some hospitality courses.

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank dr-luw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North
Hampton Inn Quincy
Hampton Inn Quincy
#2 of 11 in Quincy
Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy

Been to Oak Hill Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!