“Manager was RUDE during an emergancy trip”

Oak Hill Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canton
Denver
“Manager was RUDE during an emergancy trip”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was given some grim medical news in Sept 2012, as a result my Husband was taking me from OK to IL to see family. We had planned on staying four days in MO to see other family members before moving on. At the last minute there was a emergency that prevented my Husband from accompanying us on the trip. I tried to make it to Canton, but became to tired to continue the travel between the illness and having my daughter with me I decided to stop sooner. I thought the cancellation time was 6pm, so as soon as I was able to stop off the OK toll road I called the Hotel. The gentleman at the front desk informed me that the cancellation time was 4pm, and that I would have to speak to the manager. After being on hold for a short time, a lady came on the phone, who announced herself as the manager. She informed me that" The cancellation time is 4pm, and this is a busy weekend for me. As a employee you should know better than to cancel late. I will cancel this one night but I am putting a flag in your pro-folio because this is unacceptable as a employee." I thanked her and told her I had the wrong time in my head. I then told her that I would be staying for one night, not the four we had planned since it was just us and not my Husband too. At this point she became not only rude, but angry. "This is a busy sold out weekend for me and you just cost me room nights. As an employee I hold you accountable, and this is unacceptable." She then told me "I can not cancel a part of the reservation. I will cancel the whole thing and as an employee you will have to rebook the nights you need." I explained to her that I was NOT an employee, that my Husband managed a hotel and he booked the rooms for us. The manager then informed me that I "needed to call my Husband, or who ever booked the rooms, and have then rebook the one room night." Needless to say, I stayed at another hotel. The manager never once asked if I was an employee, she assumed and treated me rudely as a result. It is a friends and family link Iwe booked through. Glad this was not a friend or family member we made this reservation for!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelinH4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pleasant Plains, Arkansas
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stopped here traveling to Iowa. I would not change anything. Great morning breakfast, clean rooms, friendly employees, etc.. I would love to stay here again. Easy on and off the freeway. Pool and hot tub was very clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria K
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place was pretty good. It's off the beaten path, but that's what we wanted. The room was clean, and the place overall was well kept. Not remarkable.
HOWEVER, Jeremy was VERY helpful and friendly to chat with. He was training an older employee who clearly wasn't grasping it, and Jeremy had the patience of a saint!

Room Tip: Just take Jeremy's recommendations, he'd know better than I would!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank keviefriend
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The staff was great! I've stayed in past and found same employee behind counter. Always very nice!
Rooms have always been clean. No bugs!
Pool/spa ok. The whirlpool left a funky residue on my suit, but it came off with rinse.
Conveniently located and easy in and out. Also they accept pets if you are traveling with yours.

• Stayed July 2012
Virginia, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I run a janitor service for a large manufacturing co. I am always criticing every place I go. This hotel is tops in cleanliness. But most of all the staff is professional, curtious, and friendly. I gauge all places I stay by this hotel, even going out of my way to stay here. They have helped me with auto troubles, weather worries, and anything else I have requested. Management and staff are top of the line and down home friendly.One only needs to ask and they will accoummodate you. Oh, and I am an elite diamond member and this hotel is at the top of the list for why I am. Please stay here. You'll see why I do.

Room Tip: I like the jazzaui rooms just for the fun of it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We got into the room and it had gross smell. Kinda of like a bad cleaner, but it was clean. The pool was nice and was open late. Besides the smell of the room the hotel was nice. The staff wasn't as friendly as I have seen in other comfort inns but they were horrible. All in all it was a decent hotel. However, I wouldn't stay there again. Typical breakfast for a comfort inn which is pretty good.

Room Tip: There are two oak streets and if you have an older GPS it might take you to the other oak street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rachelle B
Tampa
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is another good, quality Comfort Inn in a smaller town. The hotel itself was nice and clean and comfortable, and was right off the highway. There is a good restaurant next door, and they are building a new gas station with a Steak N Shake across the street. This hotel is a really good location if you need to go anywhere in the far North Eastern part of Missouri. The price was a bit expensive at 75 per night, but for the location its a good deal. I would definitely stay again if I needed to be up in this area again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank USFBowler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy
Hampton Inn Keokuk
#1 of 6 in Keokuk
Quality Inn and Suites Quincy
Baymont Inn & Suites Keokuk

Been to Oak Hill Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!