“Good over night stop”

Oak Hill Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed August 14, 2011

located right off highway with resturant , ATM, and grocery next door. If looking for some entertainment, Casino located at next exit. Great stop if traveling on the Avenue of the Saints. Clean, friendly, comfortable bed. Decent quick start breakfast. NIce indoor pool area.

Room Tip: used AAA discount and saved $10.00 on room from "best rate"
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank angiRN

Reviewed January 21, 2011

I used a credit card when I checked in but decided to pay cash when leaving.
Temporary authorizations can be a pain when you travel weekly like I do. I called the hotel after leaving and asked Tina, the front desk clerk if she would call my bank and have the authorization taken off (after I first called my bank) She did and called me back immediately to let me know it was done. Little things like this mean a lot to someone like me who travels 7 months out of the year.
Thank you Tina!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank beverlyburd
Reviewed October 10, 2010

As retired seniors who enjoy traveling my Wife and I look for comfortable, clean places that are priced right and we found this to be the case in the Comfort Inn in Canton, Missouri. We found all their staff to be exceptionally well trained in the art of catoring to the traveling public. With the current scare on the news concerning bugs in hotels and stores I found it most interesting that Comfort Inn sends their managers to school to learn what to watch for and how to train their staff to eliminate any potential bug invasion. We found this Comfort Inn to be quiet, well furnished and very clean. The performance of the staff is a direct result of the professional leadership of the manager Tina Uhlmeyer. This facility and it's entire staff is what brings the traveling public back time and again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobnjoan
Reviewed October 22, 2008

We had to make a quick trip from Ohio to Missouri as my aunt was killed in a trajic accident. My husband is disabled and unable to lay down in bed comfortably. The staff and management went out of their way to accommodate us in any way possible and eliminate additional cost to us.

They showed deep concern for us and treated us as though we were family and we could tell they honestly cared about us. I don't know if I'll ever have an occasion to stay in the Canton area but if I ever need to there is NO DOUBT I will stay with them. I have never been treated as well in any place I've stayed anywhere in the country. And I have travelled on business quite a bit. They made a deep impression on both of us that will remain forever.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EPOhio
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We spent two nights (Sat & Sun) on the second floor of the Comfort Inn. I would not recommend that floor if you are not a smoker because that floor smells bad. Half of it is smoking and half is non-smoking, but the entire floor smells of smoke and you notice it the moment you walk off the elevator. We asked for another floor, but were told that nothing was available. On the second night of our stay, there weren't hardly any others staying at the motel. Other than the smell, everything was good. The breakfasts are very good, with a good variety of breakfast items. The pool area was very clean.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank UKCatsMom
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I've just been back for the fourth year running to this hotel. Each year the experience gets better.

All the staff, from Manager Tina and her daughter Melissa down, go out of their way each year to welcome me and to make my stay most happy and pleasant. The hotel is comfortable, well equipped and spotlessly clean. It has an inviting swimming pool and guest internet access, and offers a tasty and pleasant breakfast.

My only quibble is the size of the Comfort Inn cereal bowls: medium sized thimbles! This year I brought my own bowl!

I'll be back as often as circumstances permit.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank Guestspeaker
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Stayed here on the road trip home. We got in at 9 pm and are leaving at 7 am so I can't speak to Canton as a destination, but the hotel is in a great spot if you're driving home and need a place to stop for the night.

The room felt fairly fresh; nothing worn or too dated. There were some cleanliness issues with the bathroom (housekeeping missed some body hair around the floor) but nothing that would make us run screaming.

The front desk was friendly. The bed was comfortable; it was in the middle of the road as far as firmness.

The hotel does have a pool and hot tub. We didn't try either of those although the pool did look clean and inviting. The pool did smell rather chlorinated.

I would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alba_Di_Autunno

Been to Oak Hill Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!