“Rooms Remodeled and Nice”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cameron
Northwood, Iowa
“Rooms Remodeled and Nice”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a coupon from one of those travel booklets and this property advertised all the rooms had been updated so we stopped. Price was great and the front desk staff friendly and efficient. Free high-speed internet service with a good signal. We had a room with two queen beds that looked new with new bedding. Bathroom is small with not much room on the vanity to place items but there was a hair drier, ironing board/iron, microwave and fridge. The room was not well-lit, however, and seemed dark. This might be due to the dark curtains and comforters. Plenty of towels and the bathroom was clean. It's a budget property, mainly for one-night travelers who want a safe and clean place to stay but aren't into it for the extras.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Foodwriter50459

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

A great place to stay if you just need a place to lay your head for the night. Bedding and bath is clean but the comforters and carpet need an update. Bed hurt both our backs when we woke up. Free breakfast wasn't something we wanted to eat. But again great place if you need a place to lay your head. We didn't have a reservation and got in easily and quickly at the front desk at about 11p.m.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We made reservations and stated that we were arriving in the middle of the night. When we arrived at 1:30am there was no one at front desk and they wouldn't answer the phone. We left after trying to wake them up for an hour. We called the manager the next day who acted like it was our fault for not getting there before she fell asleep. She says the middle of the night is midnight.. We stayed at The Days Inn in Cameron who were glad to have our business. They are staffed 24 hrs by a very friendly helpful staff. Steer clear of this dive and stay at The Days Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FridayGirl-df

Travelers are raving about these Cameron hotels

West Saint Paul, MN, USA
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our travel between MN and Arkansas and found it to be a great value. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room is very clean and the facility is quiet and away from the noise of the freeway so one can get a good night's sleep. One of the best features is the waffle breakfast along with cereal, bread, bagels, rolls, and fruit! A great value!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Carrie W
Vesper, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a Mid-class hotel this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a value price hotel that is clean, and in a safe area, this is the place. I drive between Houston TX and central Wisconsin 2-3 times a year. I usually travel with my bulldog, and am always budget conscious. I was going I be arriving late, so I called and let the desk staff know. They said it was not problem. I pulled in after my first 12 hour leg of the trip around midnight, and someone was waiting for me. It was nice to have a friendly face asking how my day was, rather then the usually night shift attendant that doesn't want to be there. She got me checked in quickly, and fulfilled my request for a 1st floor room. She made sure I got all my bags and my dog in, and held the front door open for me. Room was standard. Decor outdated, but it was very clean. Microwave, fridge, iron/ironing board, and a nice size table. Bathroom was clean, good water pressure with plenty of hot water. Also had a hair drier. The bed was extremely hard, and the middle blanket was made from a cheap foam like material, and had a few little holes in it. But all the linens where crisp and white. Hotel was quiet, and in a good area where I felt safe as a woman traveling alone. There was make your own waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, a few donuts, coffee, milk, and juice in the morning. There was one lamp in the room that didn't work because the outlet was out of order. I couldn't use the security hole in the door as it was too high for 5'2" me to see through even on tip toe. The biggest thing that was inconvenient was there was no outlet near either nightstand that I could plug my phone charger into. I rely on my phone for its alarm in the morning, and there wasn't an alarm clock radio in the room for me to use either in had to pull a chair over near the closest outlet and set my phone on that while it was charging. It was close enough that I did hear my alarm in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Miranda H
Rockford
Reviewed May 15, 2013

For about the same price as a Motel 6 ($39.99) I stayed at America’s Best Value Inn in Cameron, MO. Major differences between a typical Motel 6 were:
--Not on a main road, but rather tucked away on a quiet side street.
--No accommodation for 18 wheelers or motor homes or cars hauling campers or boats. Consequently, no noise from diesel engine warm-ups in the middle of the night.
--The room was larger and equipped with an ironing board and iron, a table and two chairs and large fluffy towels.
--A free breakfast. (The kind with cold cereal, bagels, orange and apple juice and the waffle maker that you turn when it beeps. Nothing fancy)
-- Actual free Wi-Fi.
Maybe I was super-tired or something, but the bed seemed to me to be really comfortable and I had a great sleep.
“Misses” were that the place seems dated with many layers of paint covering up past abuse this aging property has taken. Also, as I gazed out my window, below was a long unused outdoor pool half filled with green water and objects that had been deposited by nature over the long winter. Ugh!
Summary: If you aren’t out to impress anybody and just want a place where you can spend less than $45 with tax for a night’s sleep and a quick breakfast just like you’d fix yourself at home, this is the place. Keep the shades drawn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very relaxing after a very long drive. my wife and i check in to the americas best value inn cameron missouri. very friendly staff with very friendly welcome .the room is very nice , clean and quiet .good brekfast with hot waffle and bagels craemcheese. i will stay here again definitely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple