“Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cameron
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Hotel has nice soft bed and pillows, good breakfast, and enjoyable indoor heated pool area. Wireless Internet was fairly zippy. Hotel is right off interstate and easy to find. There are a few restaurants nearby. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 9, 2009

In the Cameron area, this is the best hotel.
To clean up the dirt you might have read below, this one goes to my favorite hotel--

FYI-
On the night of the bday party mentioned below, my family, one of our friends, and I were there too.
We had three young children with us...

The two teenagers that were hosting the slide, were doing their jobs great, and were just inforcing rules for safety reasons.

There was a small bday party for a young boy -his friends were there and they seemed like they were having a good time.
....the boys began getting roudy, were horse playing and disrespecting those around them. One of the boys (which we belive was actually the bday boy) decided to show off (literally) his b*tt at the top of the slide and made loud noises to get everyone's attention.

I found this very rude and disrespectful, no matter who the "pose" was for. It was innpropriate for my children to see and very wrong of the young man to do..
The young female pool attendant noticed and immediately took action and explained that this kind of behavior was innapropriate and then left and talked about the incident with the desk clerks.. She came back and the boys were removed.

Not sure what happened after this.. except that both pool attendants apologized to my family for the whole situation.
---------------------
--------
The staff here has always been a personal favorite.
Rooms are always clean.
And the free breakfast is very fulfilling.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2008

This Place is in need of refreshing our room was worn and the safe did not work along with the safety lock inside the room. The last 3 Comfort Inn's all need repairs and up-dating.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nv4i73
Reviewed December 5, 2007

This is the worst hotel stay I have ever had. We live in Cameron. On Saturday we purchased the room so that we could use the pool with the slide for my sons 14th Birthday. We went up to the room, which granted it was a smoking room, but the smell would blow you over. We arrived at 6:00 pm and the sign says the slide is supposed to be open at 4 pm, but we had to request that they open it and it was 7 pm before they did so. They had teenagers running the slide that were rude, and did not want to work. Then at 8 pm there was an issue between my son and the teenage boy. I made my son apologize, but the boy removed him from the pool for the night, there was no warning, no nothing, just kicked him out so they could close down the slide. Since my sons party was ruined, I packed up all 6 kids and told the front desk I would like a refund. Well here it is Wednesday and still no refund, was refused the opportunity to speak with the owner, and was just able to talk to the manager today, as I guess she only works a couple days a week, or was not given my messages. I was finally told today, that they would NOT refund my money, but that we could have a free night and another party. Well first off, it's not a free night stay if I already paid for the room, and secondly you can't redo a ruined birthday party, he was humiliated in front of his friends and that can't be undone. I have now contacted an attorney, just to get my money back. I highly DO NOT recommend this hotel!!! Their 100% Satisfaction guarantee is a farce!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank candyshotels
Comfort-Cameron, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2008

We enforce safety rules and do not allow indecent acts in the public area.
Thank you.

Reviewed November 25, 2007

We stayed one night at the Cameron Comfort Inn. Our room was nice with comfortable beds, very clean. We had a non smoking room, which was fine-but our hallway was very smoky-yuck. The waterslide was fun, but the pool was pretty small. The rooms had flat screen tv's which were wonderful. I hope all hotels convert to these. My biggest complaint was the price-with tax 91 dollars for 2 adults and 2 kids. Was really worth about 60. Oh well....

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Debster01
Reviewed October 22, 2007

I and some other family members stayed at the Cameron Comfort Inn for a few nights both before and during 2003. All in all, each experience was the same: Very basic and small Comfort Inn. It is clean and quiet. Much better than other alternatives offered in Cameron, which is a small town literally at what could perhaps be described as the central crossroads of the entire US running N/S, E/W. That being said, our stays were more out of necessity than desire to stay there. If going E/W, I would suggest staying in one of the larger, nicer hotels in St Joseph, MO which is 1/2 hour west of Cameron. If traveling N/S, I would suggest staying in one of the hundreds of larger and nicer hotels in and around Kansas City, MO. You would pay the same price, and get more/nicer facilities. (Many people I know who have stopped here have paid 70 to 85 dollars for 1 person at this Comfort Inn....only worth about 45 bucks max to me.)

• Stayed: February 2003
1  Thank familytravelsguy
Reviewed April 13, 2007

We didn't have a reservation on our way home and decided to stay here. Pool area small and crowded; rooms need updating but were clean and spacious. Breakfast area small and was crowded but good once we were able to sit and eat. Staff at checkout and breakfast area staff were friendly; checkin staff seemed tired and not as friendly. Okay for a night but not extended stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family