“Nice surprise in a Missouri small town.”
Review of Days Inn Cameron

Days Inn Cameron
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cameron
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I were driving to Cameron to visit family friends during the Thanksgiving season. This Days Inn got us what we needed: cheap, convenient, and most importantly, clean and friendly. I don't expect much frills for budget hotels (like Days Inn for example) but I do expect cleanliness and good service. When we drove up to the hotel, we saw 1 gentleman and 1 boy (presumably the manager and his little boy, both in uniform!) standing outside waiting for someone to come in. They were so nice, even held open the door for us. The boy also complemented our truck! How nice of him! We were in room 107. The room was good enough except for the bathroom light. First, it took me a while to actually find the light switch for it; it was actually on the wall not next to the bathroom door (inside or outside), but rather next to one of the two beds. This really puzzled me as to why building codes would possibly restrict the switch being next to the bathroom door, which would definitely have enough space for being there in the first place. I guess the electrician did the best he could do with that and I understood from a contractor's perspective the best I could. Second, the light actually doesn't shine that well until you're in there for a while which is good to know. The manager did ask us if we were having a good stay and he did care. We didn't try the breakfast but it looked comparable to other Days Inns. We didn't try the pool either but it looked welcoming! I feel that eventually this will become something more than a Days Inn. The future is unwritten but time will eventually tell one way or another. All I have to say is thank you! I will definitely come back if I'm ever in Cameron again.

Room Tip: If the bathroom light isn't bright enough, allow it to warm up. Does the trick. This is what hap...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Days Inn Cameron, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

What a wonderful and informative review! My little Manager In Training (my Son) and I really appreciate you taking the time to leave these friendly words. Cleanliness and service are two of our top priorities so we understand completely how much it means to our guests. As part of our effort to be more energy effecient and eco-friendly we recently switched to energy effecient bulbs as well. Which is why it took a moment for the bulbs to get fully bright. We want to thank you again and look forward to seeing you in the near future. I don't know about being more than a Days Inn but we will always do our best to be the best Days Inn for you and all of our valued guests!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Clean rooms with fridge and micro..very helpful and friendly staff..will stay again !! The Hotel is not really large,so the breakfast area is on the small side as well. We also liked the fact that Wal-mart is just a short walk away to pick up traveling supplies,and a good homecooking restaraunt was nearby as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
James B, Manager at Days Inn Cameron, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Reviews like this make my week! Thank you so much for taking the time to write all those kind words. It was a real pleasure having you. We love our town and serving folks with our down home hospitality. My Wife and I love the Wal-Mart being next door as much as our guests lol. Thanks again for choosing Cameron Days Inn and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Reviewed October 25, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
James B, Manager at Days Inn Cameron, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Reviewed October 24, 2012

THE FRONT DESK/MANAGER WAS MORE THAN HELPFUL. Extremely helpful & knowledgable about the area. He directed us to a wonderful diner for supper & was eager to help with directions. I would diffently recommend this to Days Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
James B, Manager at Days Inn Cameron, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Well thank you SO much! It was a pleasure having you! The area makes it pretty easy for me, everything's so near by :) We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and your kind words. We hope to see you in the near future and thank you for choosing Cameron Days Inn!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
James B, Manager at Days Inn Cameron, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Basically our stay was uneventful and restful. Staff was very helpful and we had only one problem. When we travel it is imperative that we keep in touch with associates via internet. This motel advertised internet service and was one of the reasons it was chosen. Alas, no internet. When I called the office they used the plea that the router was the problem and indicated this was a usual occurence. Told me I could bring my computer up front which meant...since I'd already showered and gotten ready for bed...I would have to get dressed and travel with computer to the front...Not convenioent and not fair that they should advertise internet availability...

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff! I am very sorry the wi-fi was not in peak condition during your stay. We certainly didn't mean to indicate that it's a usual occurence because it most certainly is not. All we meant was that we were aware of the problem and were taking steps to fix the issue. Our network technician has since fixed the router and our wi-fi is in great working order. It was an unforseen circumstance and it can take time to get a technician out here and for that we are deeply sorry. We understand it's an imparitive service for many and apoligize sincerely for any inconvenience it may have caused you.